*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559737-The-Devils-Cry
by Ailie
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1559737
a fight for a human(?) female
Part One, Chapter One-Fate

  "So, uh...what's a pretty thing like you doing in a town like this?"
  Those were the first words I'd heard when I started my new school in the big city of Dogwood. I answered the guy's question, and we soon became friends. Not long after that, strange things began happening. Students started moving away and businesses were starting to shut down. My only friends, the guy-Dante, and a girl named Susannah, seem to know what's going on, but they won't tell me, at least not yet. They said maybe this weekend...
                                              Sept 8.

  Oh...my...god...it's demons! Dante says demons have been sighted on the outskirts of town. they don't seem hostile, but he says you can't trust their kind. I asked if he knew if any one was controlling them. He's not sure, but more than likely, there is. I also asked what they're doing here, but doesn't know. He also said not to go out after dark, or twilight for that matter, especially not alone.
                                              Sept 12.

  My family is dead...all of them, and i know the son-of-a-bitch that killed them. He's a power-hungry half-demon named Vergil. For six months he's been the one controlling the demons outside of town. Dante, Susannah, and I had been at Dante's because they closed the school today. We're the only students left, Dante and Susannah have been fighting the demons, and training me how to. Three months ago for my sixteenth birthday, my father had given me a pair of authentic Okinawa-designed Sais. I haven't quite gotten the hang of them, but I will soon. I'm going to kill Vergil for what he's done...
                                              March 12.

  (10 months later, Jan 19) Dante looked up from the open note book that lay on Andorra's desk
  'No wonder she fights with so much intensity,' he thought. 'She wants Vergil dead, and that's not easy. Even I can't beat him, the three of us toghether probably couldn't take him down. Just killing him won't be enough to end this though. Without a leader, the demons will go crazy--'
  "Dante!" A young woman's voice haulted his thoughts, making him jump.
  He turned to see Andorra leaning on the inside wall of the room, staring at him through narrowed eyes.
  "I came in here to look for you, and saw this lying open on the desk, i only read the first three--"
  "You shouldn't have read it at all." Her voice was quiet, yet angry, and seemed to fill the small room.
  "I'm sorry, but," he smiled sheepishly. "You know how curious i get, especially after you stopped talking to me after ten months of being completely open. You've just shut down and withdrawn. I don't like it when you hide stuff from me, Andorra--"
  "I've told you before, my name is Ailie now, so stop calling me that."
  Dante sighed. "Look, I don't care what your name is. I'm worried about you...we used to be so close--"
  "Things have changed Dante," Ailie whispered; walking to stand in front of him. "You lnow that as well as I do. Nothing is what it used to be."
  "Things don't have to change for us. The two of us and Susannah have been through worse--"
  "Not this time," Ailie's voice turned hard, and she brushed past Dante to grab the notebook off the desk.
  "Ailie,"
  "Please...get out."
  "But--"
  "Now!" Her voice seemed to say that if he didn't, she might force him.
  "Ok, ok. I'm leaving." He said, throwing his hands up in defeat.

  Halfway down the hall, Dante heard Ailie's door as it closed.
  'Ailie, what happened to you?' He asked himself as he brushed his long fingers through his platinum hair. 'Vergil could kill you so easily...all three of us have fought against him before and failed. It's impossiblt to even consider defeating him when he has so much power at his command.'
  As Dante reached the spare room, he stopped and leaned against the wall, pressing his forehaed against the sheetrock. Ailie's behavior recently was making no sense to him. She hadn't been the same since a wandering Wrath--a demon that exploded if someone stood too close or wounded it enough--detonanted merely feet from her two weeks ago.
  Dante and Susannah had found her bleeding in the street, surprised she had survived. most humans would have died in the blast. Ailie had healed quickly thanks to Susannah's extensive knowledge of medicine and magic, Ailie had yet to heal completely and shouldn't be fighting for weeks to come.
  Sighing,





























© Copyright 2009 Ailie (andorraaileen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559737-The-Devils-Cry