*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559996-A-holiday-in-hell
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1559996
A comical but synical holiday in hell.
If I said to you, I would push you. Push you in to a place filled with horror, where your strengths became weakness and all you loved hated you. Would you say yes to the horror on condition? Condition of a life in heaven, or maybe you would do it for a god, a monster?

Perhaps in the end it doesn’t matter. Perhaps just maybe I will take you there for kicks, to watch you burn watch you suffer. I hear hell is nice this time of year, filled with what’s the word? Creatures from the deep, changelings and doppelgangers ghost and ghouls. If you like you can stroll along the river Styx, there isn’t a wind but I hear that the moaning of tormented souls completes the moment. Take a loved one, admissions are free just a limb or two for compensation not yours, thier’s. Hack them off and watch them scream. Oh you like that? Get angry? Angry with what, you wanted the walk not us. ‘She’s dead!’ you cry. I laugh and say no she’s sleeping. But she’s not. We say leave her there she’ll be fine. You walk down the river, the waters black but your thirsty so you drink, tar and oil that sets alight on contact, delicious. I steer you right, heres your cottage, a cave in the hill, you have a torture session in the morning. But we push for after diner. Ah you say Relaxing knives in the back and a hot poker on the tongue. Oh sorry not ah ARRRRG! Does it hurt? We ask, you scream. So we sooth the pain, quick bath the wounds I cry. Acid sooths the burn. You look magnificent I cry, a babe, a strong one. I smile at you and ask for pay…but oh no your already dead.
© Copyright 2009 Peter L (peterjl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559996-A-holiday-in-hell