*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560147-Forgotten-Music-Box
Rated: GC · Chapter · Dark · #1560147
The First Chapter
It was 2:43 a.m. when Felix woke me up. The storm outside had opened the old fashioned windows and, that and the sudden wetness hitting him, had woken him up. I stumbled out of my bed and to his crib, picking my baby boy up before using a free hand to shut the banging shutters. This was yet another thing I could blame my Grandmother for. I used an end of my blanket to whip him up and held him close to me in my bed. I’d yell at the old bitch when I wasn’t so tired. However, darling Felix wasn’t going to let his momma sleep and within a few snores, the crying awoke me this time. He was either telling me I snore terribly or that he didn’t like the rough thing I called a bed. I want to think the later so I can yell at my grandmother for yet another thing. Just so I can hear the wonderful joy it brings me. “Hush, Felix, hush...” I tried to reassure him as I laid him back down. I moved the crib closer to my bed, away from the window. With that done, I curled back into my warm, rough bed and attempted to dozed back off.

However, my eyes open with alarm when a fading, feminine scream crept out from my window. I shot up, eyes focusing on the window as pants escaped from my lips. What was that? Taking a glance to see if Felix had awakened, I got out of my bed and went to the window. I squinted while trying to look out into the storming darkness. As my eyes fell down, toward the ground, I regretted my innate decision.

A woman, beautiful with short, wet light brown hair, was lying on the ground in front of the old leafless tree. Her face was rosy and held a feminine like quality to it that most women would kill for. That wasn’t the reason I could take my eyes from her. No, it was the pants, the gasps coming from her pink lips, and the trail of staining crimson that was pouring from them. Down to the light blue dress that stuck to her body because of the rain. There were also cuts along her stomach and leg. Cuts that resembled claw marks. She seemed to be looking for something, the monster that had done this to her perhaps?
She looked up at me with honey eyes filled with so much horror I could’ve sworn that they were telling me not to help her but to run away. My hand pressed against the glass as a dark figure appeared kneeling down beside the woman. Her attention went back to the creature I couldn’t make out. A hand that looked as pale as glass with long claw-like nails extended to her. I pressed my face against the glass, heavily pants escaping my mouth. It couldn’t have been. A...an actual human doing this to her?

My body pressed forward as I couldn’t believe what was happening below. One of the clawed fingers trailed around the woman’s collarbone, cutting a line of blood into the flesh. My hand came to my lips as I gasped. Then, bright eyes encircled with a bloody red looked up at me and I panicked. Taking steps away from the window, my back met with a wet fabric and I was forced around by strong hands latchet onto my shoulders. My body was brought to my toes. The hands moved to my wrist and shoulder. I groaned in pain, looking toward both areas and I saw more blood. My blood. Claws were digging into the sides of my left wrist and right shoulder, holding me against the wall near the window. The force of my back colliding with the wall created a loud bang that I knew had made my back sore for weeks. The skin on my hand was freezing against the cold glass of the window. These feelings went numb when I looked up at my captor. Threw the darkness I could only make out the makings of a masculine face with long, dark hair that stuck to his cheeks and piercing green eyes rimmed in a red.

The fear had stuck my words in my throat as my bleeding wrist was brought up to his mouth. The feeling of hot breath against the skin made my heart grow in panic then a cry rang out. My eyes widened toward the crib, as the man stopped. His head moved toward the crib. His grip on me disappeared, causing me to meet with the floor.

I stumbled toward the crib without a second thought. As I patted Felix, whimpering, my head turned back toward the window. There, he stood at the window ledge, opened and allowing the cold air to enter. He was licking the blood on his fingers and starring right at me. I fought off the pain that was surging through my body. Holding it long enough for him to chuckle at my attempt and jump down. Cradling Felix in my arms, I headed back to the window and shut it. All the while, my gaze was starring at where the woman had been. She wasn’t there anymore and the rain was washing away a dark pool that I knew was her blood. I didn’t sleep the rest of the night.
© Copyright 2009 Blue Grey (falseintellect at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560147-Forgotten-Music-Box