*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560200-Phone-calls
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Teen · #1560200
My 6th period Literature's classic bad ass gets busted with his cell
The ringtone was recognizably "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5. Some kids were laughing. It had been awhile since someone had been busted for their cellphone. However this time it was different. It was Adam Bonner, the self proclaimed bad ass of 6th period Lit. Immediately he handled it with classic Adam-style. No pretending it wasn't his phone. The second the noise processed through our heads, he pulled it out and answered it.

He turned to our teacher Mrs. Williams and said, " I have to take this call, but perhaps in the hallway?"



She didn't dignify the question with an answer so Adam remained sitting.



" Hey, I'm in class right now" Adam said cheerfully into the phone.



" What?" (I was close by and could hear the response of the girl on the other end)



" I'm in class, 6th period Literature actually, Yeah, my teacher is glaring at me right now as we speak."



" Omigod! I'm so sorry! "



" It's fine " He spoke pleasantly while Mrs.Williams was pissed and seething with rage.



The conversation went on like that. Appearently the girl had thought that we got out at 2:50 when in reality school for us ended an hour later.At one point Mrs. Williams did begin yelling but Adams response was only:



" Oh don't worry about the noise. It's only my teacher. She's usually nice. So go on, what happened ? "



When he finally hung up ten minutes later, his explaination was:



" My girlfriend, she's sweet," The fire had left Mrs. W after passing the 6th minute now but with renewed oppurtunity, anger filled her.



" YOU HAVE DETENTION!!! NOW GO TO THE OFFICE AND GET OUT OF MY CLASS!!"



"Can I call my mother then?"



I guess Mrs.Williams saw it as a chance to humiliate Adam so she let him.



It was going the usual way: him confessing to trouble and explaining he would be late getting home. Kids were snickering the whole time but they went wild when he ended the call by saying:



" Oh, and tell my mom. Thanks babe." He turned to us and repeated, "My girlfriend, She's sweet."









 
© Copyright 2009 Maggie Somebody (philosopher13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560200-Phone-calls