*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560372-Attitude-and-personality
by syed
Rated: 18+ · Article · Experience · #1560372
Atutitde and personality
Attitude and personality





Attitude



It is the representation of the influence of society and surroundings on a particular person.



There are two types of attitude. 



Positive attitude

Negative attitude



Example of Positive attitude



Positive thinking is so important as it will affects all aspects of our life. What I am going to share with you will be 1 story example of why having a positive attitude is so beneficial to us.



Thomas Edison, the greatest inventor of all time failed around 10,000 times in his quest to invent a light bulb. He persisted till he found the solution. You will be surprised to know that this great inventor only has 3 months of formal schooling in his entire life. The another surprise thing is that he was a partially deaf 4 year old boy who returned one day from school with a note from his teacher. The note read, "Your Tommy is too stupid to learn, take him out from school". His mother taught him at home since then.



So what is the thing that we can learn from this story? Personally I feel that the success story of every great man is full of disappointments, failures, setbacks, and betrayal. They face them with a smile as a great warrior success eventually comes to them. No struggle, no success. What is the thing that keeps him going and never gives up, it is his positive attitude.





The society is created in such a way that it is only when we make mistake then we will be able to learn something new. In order to reach our goal, we must first be able to overcome all the problem and the obstacles that come along our way. When you have a positive attitude, you will see every problem as a great opportunity to go forward. It is not easy in real life when we are being constantly bombarded by all the negative influence from our environment. That is when we have to make an effort to have a positive attitude and maintain it.



Whenever I feel like giving up, I will just remember the Thomas Edison story and I will get motivated again and have a positive attitude towards my task. Have a positive attitude today and go towards your dream.



Example of negative attitude



A negative attitude is almost a guarantee that life will be more difficult and less fulfilling than it should be. Life experiences can also teach you to expect the worst from people and situations. A history of trauma, abuse, or failure in spite of your best efforts may train you to anticipate negative outcomes.





Life's too short and beautiful to look at darkly and hopelessly, so do your best to see it brightly, and share that brightness with others, and you'll see how much of a change you'll go through.  Nobody wants to see you be negative, but they also don't want to be dragged down, so they'll avoid you rather than help you.  Please, be someone who lifts others up, not someone who drags others down.























Personality



A brief definition would be that personality is made up the characteristic patterns of thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that make a person unique.





Some of the fundamental characteristics of personality include





•          Consistency - There is generally a recognizable order and regularity to behaviors. Essentially, people act in the same ways or similar ways in a variety of situations.



•          Psychological and physiological - Personality is a psychological construct, but research suggests that it is also influenced by biological processes and needs.



•          Impact behaviors and actions - Personality does not just influence how we move and respond in our environment; it also causes us to act in certain ways.



•          Multiple expressions - Personality is displayed in more than just behavior. It can also be seen in out thoughts, feelings, close relationships, and other social interactions.







Conclusion:

It is clear that the personality is a continuous development and attitude can be vary from time to time and depends on situation.  Successful personality associated with attitude.

In professional career your personality has its own importance but your success mainly based on your attitude. Way you can win the heart of people just because your attitude not personality.











By Syed Anas













































http://psychology.about.com/od/overviewofpersonality/a/persondef.htm





http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html





© Copyright 2009 syed (syedanas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560372-Attitude-and-personality