*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560378-Better-Off-Dead-Prologue
by Beccah
Rated: · Other · Fantasy · #1560378
background information to Better Off Dead...
Prologue

Long ago, when mythical creatures were able to roam the Earth freely, there were to families of similar qualities. They were the Vamypres (Vam-peers) and the Vampires (vam-pie-res). Though of the same genetic pools, they were vastly different. The Vampyres had brightly colored eyes of a wide variety and fair skin. The Vampires had dark eyes, most commonly a shade of red or black, and were completely white, with next-to no skin coloring. Both had a variety of height from five feet to six feet, both had thin bodies. They were unnaturally strong and very, very fast. Their biggest differences were their feeding habits and their governments.
Vampyres had nine noble families, and one high queen. The Nobles formed the Queen’s senate, and jury for all crimes. The rest of the Vampyres, those not born of Noble blood, trained from age nine to become a deadly army. They worked frequently as bodyguards for the Noble families, therefore eliminating the need for Nobles to learn to defend themselves. These trained Vampyres were called the Gaurdians. They were masters of all their senses, and were able to blend into the shadows as needed.
Vampires, on the other hand, were all equal. Their ranks were decided by who had killed the highest number of humans, or, more importantly, Vampyres. They were divided into twelve clans, and worked together as a family. All the Clans had a sort of vigilante justice system, and for the most part did not work together with the other clans, unless absolutely necessary for survival, or to attack a large group of Vampyres.
While both depended on blood for nourishment, the Vampyres chose to drink only from willing donors, and not nearly enough to kill. Vampires, on the other hand, preferred sneaking about in the dead of night and killing humans as they fed on their blood. Both species believed they were the higher form, but were content to leave one another alone. They lived peacefully together for centuries, until the Vampires attacked the Vampyres, attempting to demolish them.
A horrible battle ensued, a horrible, bloody, unending war between the two races. Their numbers dwindled, and they faded from the memories of humans. But they’re still out there, Vampyres blending in with the mortal beings, Vampires attacking at night. They’re still trying to eliminate each other, training hard from young ages to become the most lethal weapons out there, waiting and searching for the chance to attack one another, to wipe out the other’s existence.
© Copyright 2009 Beccah (rlnilson0912 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560378-Better-Off-Dead-Prologue