*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560381-LoveNot-For-the-Weak-at-Heart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1560381
Love takes commitment.
Life is a like a book and you write the chapters as you go. From the moment we take our first breath the story of our life has begun. How that story ends is up to you. You write your legacy and determine the meaning of your life by the decisions and choices that you make. Most of us spend a lifetime searching for someone to complete us, to make us happy, to spend the rest of our lives with. We also waste our time on people who aren’t worthy of our love. In this respect relationships are also like books some are good and some are bad. And like any book once it ends you are ready to start another. So while relationships are never easy hopefully you learn something from every one.

Individuals need time to grow and blossom like a rose. Every experience shapes the person that we become. Put faith in God for he will cultivate you into the person you are destined to be.  Remember that love is not one sided. And for love to truly work it takes equal commitment from both parties. I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together. Sometimes the plans and goals that we set for ourselves are not what God has planned for us. And sometimes we have to stumble and fall before we find that person who helps us to get up and walk again. When we do, that is the person that god has made especially for us. Some people search a lifetime to find that special someone and for others that person has always been there. Sometimes it just takes time to see that what we’ve been searching for all along has been there all of the time. 

Love is usually the reason two people decide to make a commitment to one another. However, no one ever tells you that you can fall in and out of love with the same person, that’s why committing to someone is something that should not be taken lightly. The stresses of everyday life can become burdensome on a relationship causing one to feel as if they want out of that loving relationship they were once in. But commitment, dedication, love, and joy can grow only when you nourish them together. If you allow yourself to believe that relationships aren’t hard work then that’s when you’re relationship is in trouble. Of course relationships are hard work. Anything worth having takes hard work. If it were easy then everyone would be in happy relationships. But most people aren’t because they are not willing to work. We work hard at our jobs, at school, at raising children so why not work hard for our relationships? Are they not as important? Do they not reap the same rewards?

Communication and respect are the foundation of a long lasting relationship. There will be good times and there will be bad times. But deciding to continue to love each other through the bad times is what will make your relationship stand the test of time. It’s easy to love someone when times are good but the real work comes through the hardships. That is the time when you will need each other the most. And when and if things seem unbearable just think back to that day when you both fell in love and remember that as long as you have God you can and will overcome anything. Always chose to love each other even when it seems impossible.
© Copyright 2009 Nancy Ruffin (nancyruffin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560381-LoveNot-For-the-Weak-at-Heart