*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560744-Man-Without-Fear
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1560744
The title is pretty self explanatory...
  His blood was racing at an unfathomable climax. The seconds tick away in such haunting matter. All the thoughts of what he has done come rushing to his brain. Michael has to meet his fate. The note was clear. He must meet an unknown soul in order to deplete his sins. He heads over to an abandoned car. This piece of shit couldn't possibly be the place to grasp fate. So Michael slowly picks up the note again. He can barely read it due to his excessive trembling. The coarse, yellow paper was clear though. Meet me on 14th street in the black corvette if you know whats good for you. He then screams out,"Hello! Hello! Where the fuck are you!?!" Michael, still somewhat in disbelief decides to swallow his fears and get in the car. As he slides in, he analyzes the scene around him one last time. The time ticks down..... 3...2....1.........BOOM! A plume of fire and smoke eject upward. The car has exploded unmercifully. Parts of the blown up car scatter all over the road. The fire lit up the whole town it was so bright. Then a trench coated figure slyly creeps up to the bomb sight. He reviews the horrific situation. Then the dark creature walks away with a broken grin.

    All the cops in the NYPD are stunned at this public display. They rush to the scene, but its too late. The dirty work had already been accomplished. The frantic officers shove and maneuver through the crowd that has gathered. The man was burnt straight to a crisp. Nothing was left due to the explosion. "How the hell did this happen?," one policeman questioned. "Whoever it was is a real smart criminal," another replied. Then they scope out the area for any hints of anyone trying to flee. There was nothing. The cops tried to squeeze a clue from the dumbfounded crowd. "Did anyone see anything? Any clues? Anything!?!" the head officer on the case would ask. No one could give an answer because no one saw anything. All they saw was the powerful explosion and its aftermath. Since they were getting nothing on the case, the cops would depart the loquacious scene. However this would be the beginning of their search for this now reviled soul.

    Laura just got done from a hard day at work. Her mind was intent on relaxing for the evening. She would walk up the creaky steps to her run down house. Then she got to the door. A crumpled note was nailed to the door. "What the hell is this?" she wondered. Come to the apartments on 4th street, section c. The room number is 432. There will be a surprise waiting for you. And if you dont show you know what will happen. The bewildered woman wanted to just discard the note. She didnt have time for this. But Laura tried to open her door and nothing came of it. She pushed, kicked and slammed that rotting door. It wouldn't even budge. "What the fuck is wrong with this door? Stupid piece of shit." Laura would then make a fateful decision. She needed a place to stay and thought she knew who wrote the note. So Laura would signal for a cab. "Can i go to the apartments on 4th street?" she inferred the cab driver. "Sure thing." he said. So many thoughts were spinning in her head. Who wrote the note? Is it who i thought it was? Why was my door? What the hell is going on here? Why is there so much traffic? "$17.25," the cab driver replied. Laura handed him the money and silently exited the cab. She took a long, deep breath then entered the apartment complex.

    Officer Marmol couldn't get that grotesque scene out of his head. He wanted to rid of whoever infested this town really badly. Doug Marmol was the head investigator on this case. He was a 20 year veteran on the NYPD. The list of cases he had solved was enormous. They ranged from arson to robbery to homicide. But this one seemed to perplex him to absolutely no end. "There are no leads here. Not a fingerprint, a piece of clothing, nothing!?!" he proclaimed to his fellow cops. "We've only been on this for 24 hours. Is there something bothering you about this, other than the obvious?" Officer Shinlin quizzed. "No, i dont think so. I just haven't seen anything like this. This was a public explosion in the middle of new york city and no one knows what happened? That doesn't make a bit of sense to me." Marmol would reply. Then the phone rang in at the station. An eerie voice would answer and almost whisper, "Hey your man is on 4th street at the apartments." Marmol was astounded by the quick confession. "Who the hell is this?" Marmol remarked. "I cannot say and i got to go, but get there as fast as possible. This man has plans and their not good." The haunting voice would point out. Then he abruptly ended the conversation. The officers were stunned at the unknown influx. But this was a lead, something they didn't have before. "We got to get the fuck over there!" Marmol shouted. All the cops on duty raced to their cars and sped away from the police station.

  Laura would take every step with frightening precision. She was truly scared by this horrid situation-wondering what would come of her? The memories of her past and recent past roll through her mind like a tornado. Laura sees crack whores, bums, and other miscellaneous devils in this devious complex. Then Laura gets to that room- 432. "Well this is the room..." she reminded herself. Then the cringing figure would steadily enter the unabated apartment room. "Hello, is anybody here? Hello? Whoa oh my god? What the hell are you doing here?" She asks. Laura spots someone over on the bed. But the man just sits there with a blank look on his face. All the questions com out of her mouth, "Seriously why are you looking at me like that? The past is the past isn't it? Come on. Why did you ask me here?" Still though there was no answer from him. Laura then screams, "I'm getting out of here!" As she runs to the door, the shaded man chases after her. He beats her to the door and slams it back shut. "Your mine now, bitch," he exclaims. Then the rotten person grabs her by the arms. He proceeds to slam her on the bed. She tries to fight him off violently. "STOP IT YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" Laura shrieks. She tussles and tugs but he eventually places her on the bed. The sick, perverted mind then aggressively handcuffs her to the bed frame. She still screams out, "Help! HELP! pleas stop!" The man does not stop though. He would rip her rip clothes off with no shame. Shirt, pants, bra, and panties all ripped and tattered from his fierce sexual act. He would get to the final step. She screams" NOOO! NOOO!" as he violates her in such a brutal way.

    The cab driver looks at the beautiful money, all 500 dollars of it. He ponders if he should just leave the scene or help the poor woman. It is a tough decision for him. "What the hell 500 dollars aint worth someone's safety." the man thinks aloud. Then he hears chaotic screams. "I got to get in there," the cab driver yells. He quickly exits his cab and speeds to the dingy room. Then he busts the door open with a forceful kick. The frantic man is shocked at the languish occurring. "What the hell are you doing here?" the now rapist asks. "Get the hell off of her, you fuckin piece of shit!" the cab driver vociferates. Then he tackles the evil doer to the ground. They fight and shove for a while. "AHHHHWWW. JESUS CHRIST! GET HIM!" Laura cries. But the rapist lands a vicious upper cut. The cab driver falls like the world trade center in to a bloody pool. The coated man then looks at the fallen grace rather harshly. "Your done." he proclaims. SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! The fists indent the face with undeniable force. The punches would continue until there was no life left in the cab driver. Now finally the man could continue to finish his task at hand. Laura now was more frightened than ever. She would try anything to escape. Biting the handcuffs, trying to rip them off the frame, kick the horrible soul in the nuts, were all tried by Laura. But none of these attempts were successful. Quite frankly all it did was make him more and more angry. "What the fuck are you gonna do now, asshole?" Laura yelled. The man picked up a sweaty pillow. He then placed it over Laura. She could see the light slowly get covered by the pillow. Then he would thrust it on her face giving no way of breathing. "UHHHAWWW" were her muffled screams. But no one could hear them except for her and the man killing her. This lasted for minutes until finally she was drained. Laura had fought her last fight. This man had ended her. He would then unhand cuff her and take the saliva caked pillow. He would then leave the cursed room with that broken smile on his face.

    The sirens can be heard from a mile away. They pierce through the eardrums with incredible decibel height. The cops are speeding through many red lights to get to this place of horrors. Pedestrians fly out of the way of the cop cars. They know what is going on here. It took a few minutes but they arrived to the dungeon. " Let's GO GO GO!" Marmol screamed. About 15 cops forced through the beaten down people who would rot and infest in there. Then they get to the door. Its open with two people in it. The young woman and the brave cab driver are there dead. Their bodies have been vacuumed of all life signs due to a callous soul. But the murderer is not there. He has once again beaten the crazed police force. " GOD DAMMIT!" Marmol yells. "Hey we tried. Dont worry well find him," Shinlin states. "Look at this! Do you realize two more people are dead due to this...." "Calm down Marmol. Lets see what we can find here."Shinlin quietly requests. "Ok," Marmol answers. Once again nothing can be found of from this criminal mastermind. The officers scurry in yet another look through the room. "We do have something here," one cop says,"Look at these marks on this woman here." "Handcuffs. Must have handcuffed her, raped her, then killed her. We have a sick bastard on the loose here." Marmol claims. The officers complete their search and leave the horrid room. Before they leave the complex they try and interrogate all the filthy souls that degrade this building. "Do you people have any idea what happened here? Hear any noise? See anything? Hell did you smell anything?" Marmol hastily interrogates. But half of the people are lost in their drug-induced worlds to give a rational answer. What mostly can be heard is incoherent mumbling. Anyone else who is there either doesn't care or is too afraid to say anything. "Come on you fucking pieces of shit answer me! Two more people just died! Don't you want to help stop this?" Marmol hollered. "Come on lets go and look at the evidence." Shinlin replied. So they would exit the building with the horrible thought that he's still out there.

    The teenagers walk along the beautifully paved street in giddy steps. They know they're in for a good night. "We're gonna bag some good chicks tonight!" Jake exclaims. "Hell yes!" Darren says. This was a lavish party they were entering. The house they stumbled upon was extraordinary. "Wow! you don't find this anywhere else in the world." Darren remarks. Darren and Jake know there could be bad things here. But the good side of this is what lures them here. It's what lures anyone to a party. The house was truly a breathtaking sight. The marble and brick was spotless. There were waterfalls in the front lawn. The lawn was a majestic forest green. The house wasn't the biggest they'd ever seen but it was huge nonetheless. "Let's go." Jake recites. As day would slowly fade to night the two awestruck teens would enter the luxurious home.

  The two breathless youngsters slide into the majestic setting. The floors sparkled with a glaring shine. The kitchen was a royal white with no distractions. Then they enter the living room and find what they were looking for. "My god," Darren exclaims. "Holy shit. This is what we came for." Jake says. There were about 20 women there. They had bodies that seemed to personify perfection. The legs were long, slender, and tan. Their bodies had exceptional curves to them. The faces were as divine as can be. They all had radiant smiles that could light up any room. The boys were not alone with them. There were a few guys there. It was not enough though to inherent a shortage. So the boys picked through the room to find who they wanted to be with. So the conversations would start. "Hi there girl. How are you?" "Damn you look fine today!" "Well thank you. You look pretty good yourself." After a couple hours of conversation the increasingly inebriated teens would make their move. Darren would go first then Jake. "Hey let's go up somewhere private. We can get to know each other even more....if u know what i mean." "Hey lets go upstairs and have some real fun." The girls would oblige. So they headed upstairs to one of the many rooms. They would enter a newly constructed area to the house. The beds had the finest linens in the world. The room was an immaculate white or manila. So the real fun would begin.

  All four of them would enter the room with reckless abandon. One couple would drop onto the enormous bed. The other would sit up on a glossy wooden chair. The couples would then elect to grope each other and exchange intimate kisses. The sounds were becoming more prevelant. "Oh yes. This feels so good. Keep it going. Yeah. OH ooh." Darren and Jake would smile and snicker at each other. It was almost as if it was a signal to keep going. Darren would proceed to take his girl's shirt off. But she stops him in the act. "What are you doing?" she asks, "You're great and everything but i barely know you." "Wait a minute.. yeah she's right why should we go so far so early?" the other girl questions. "What?" Darren replies,"We dictate the mood here. So get back on the bed." But the girls do not comply. Then Darren and Jake throw each of the girls on the beds. "You don't want to fuck me. Then I'm gonna beat the shit out of you!" Darren shutters. SMACK! BOOM! The slaps and fists hit like boulders to the once picaresque faces. They are systematically destroying these once beautiful bodies. "You wanna fuckin mess with me?" Darren and Jake would both shout. All the poor girls could do is scream for bloody murder. "AAHHHHH! HELP! OOOUCCH!" The screams are like nails on a chalkboard. However, everyone else at the party are too drugged up to make a stand for them. Then finally after what seemed like an eternity the sharp edged teens end the brutalization. " You're not worth fucking now!" Darren cites in disgusting matter. They would exit the room with no remorse of their violent act. The girls would sit there in excruciating physical and mental pain. There were faces bruised to oblivion. But their minds were scarred the most.

    These scuffed teenagers now leave the morally rotting household with only dark memories....or so you would think. "Them bitches deserved it. Hey we were being nice for a while." Darren says. "Yeah i mean what did they expect to happen. How can go to a party like that and not expect to get some. Bullshit, in my opinion." Jake replies. "Yeah well we'll find some that are better looking anyway." Darren proclaims. So the boys would walk back home with no scope of their brutal act. Actually the two seemed somewhat happy for what they did. They stumble two blocks until they are stopped by someone. The man is laced up in a black trench coat, black boots, and a black top hat.

  "What the fuck? Get out of our way." Darren harps. The man would not budge. The scene was growing scary. This intimidating human was standing there in a menacing presence. His face had a blank description on it. There was no feeling to his expression whatsoever. He would just stand there in a stationary pose. Not one millimeter of movement was spotted. But the boys didn't want to put up this. They just wanted to get home before the cops would see them drunk. "Hey stupid faggot fuck, get the hell out of our way. Are we gonna have to move you personally?" Darren pronounced. Once again the man would not retreat away from their escape route. "Hey lets just go another way." Jake requested. "I'm not going to let this fool get away with this. I'm gonna kick his head in. You can either watch, help out, or go home." Darren yelled. So Darren would ready his fist for action. "I'll give you one last chance. Leave or be a stupid son of a bitch and get your ass kicked in." Darren prompted. But the man would not move. So Darren cocked his fist and.....

  "Hey look at this," Shinlin remarked. Marmol perplexed and befuddled by the recent turn of events didn't want any nonsense. "What do you want?" he replied. "No, wait. Come here. Someone left this note on my desk." Shinlin answered. The note was very clear- Meet me at the intersection of 4th and spring. You will find the killer there. B ut hurry or else more lives will be taken. "Holy shit!" Marmol exclaimed. But then he collected himself, "Wait, how do we know if this isn't a trick? We got fooled the last time." "Yeah, but the killer was there obviously, or else we wouldn't have them people dead. Remember that two people have already DIED!" Shinlin explained. So that would finally convince Marmol as they woulds head over to a new place for the killer to be exterminated. The two blood-rushing men marched into their cop cars. They were still on the goose hunt.

  Darren would lift his fist in an unholy matter. The stationary figure would just watch in seemingly perilous nature. "Come the fuck on, Darren!" Jake shouted as if he thought they should leave. But Darren would thrust his fist. A milimeter before it hit the knuckles would reach more knuckles. The man blocked Darren's fists with careless notions. SMACK! BLOCK! SMACK! BLOCK! A few punches were unsucessful from Darren. Then finally the haunting man raised his fists quickly. WHOOSH! BAM! BAM! SMACK! The punches would land in a feverish pace. Darren had no answer. "What the hell you faggot fuck? Stop that!" Jake would cry. He tried to get in the middle and break this up. But the man swiped his feet from under him and nailed his head to the ground. He would repeat this action on Darren. A few kicks to each other's ribs were in store as well. The two teenagers were defenseless. That is when the perilous man decided to cease his vicious attack. They were probably going to die anyway from blood loss or head trauma.  He looked at the dying humans and once again put on that cracked smile. It almost would seem as if he has won but lost at the same time. Then the sirens could be heard.

  WHHHHEEEEEEEEEUUUWWWWWWW! WWWWWHHHHHHEEEEEEEUUUUUWWWWW! The sirens could be heard from a mile away. The two officers were headed for the killer. Luckily it was late at night so there wasn't much traffic. Then they arrive at the intersection. A trench coated person is in front of them. Beside him is two nearly lifeless beings. "Oh my god!" Shinlin whispers. They don't have much motion left in them. The two young souls are bloodied intensely. So the two officers rush out of the car. They gather their weapons and raise them in the air. PUT YOUR HANDS UP! DONT MOVE! The two officers shout at the top of their lungs. But the man does not abide to their commands. "COME ON YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" Marmol yells thus signifying his own delirium. Once again the trench coat just stands motionless with his back faced toward them. So finally the two cops have had enough. "You ready?," Shinlin asks. "Yea lets kill this motherfucker." Marmol replies somewhat nonchalantly. SPHEW! SPHEW! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! A hail of gunfire was unleashed. About 15 to 20 bullets are fired in the killer's direction. They all seem to hit the person with stinging force. But the man just stands there-still motionless. The officers are stunned by these events. In their shock, however, the man raises up two knifes. He flings them backwards violently. SLIT! SLIT! The knives pierce into the cop legs with stunning precision. Then two more knives are thrown. OWWWW! FUCK! OUCH! They hit Shinlin and Marmol in the throat respectively. The man then finally turns around. Marmol is bewildered by the face he sees.

    The figure looks up at him with happiness but also disbelief. "You tried to get me Johnny, huh? Did you know it was me all along? Is that why you wanted to kill me so bad tonight? Did you know it was me who called the office all along? Oh and didn't you fucking realize that was my handwriting on the note i sent you? You should have known because i worked with you for three years. I saw what you did. I saw how you abused your power. You tried to get that fucking con artist to scam me. Laura was your fucking sex slave. How did your wife take that? Oh wait she didn't find out because you and Laura framed her for a crime YOU committed! Then you try and bribe Laura to kill me!?! Then of course here lies your two cousins. These people really have done a great job to try and take after you. But they made a fatal mistake. They messed with my family. I don't take that too lightly, as you can tell. So now you sit here lying on the ground with blood rushing out of your legs and your face. How do you feel? Was all of vices in life worth this? Was all the shit you have done worth this!?!" The man ended his speech with a soft chuckle, "Hehehe." "NNOOOOOO!" Marmol screamed in agony. The killer would step over his dying body with reckless abandon. Then he would enter the police car that would lead to his getaway. Marmol tried to muster all out of his body to stop the man. This lead to no avail as he only mustered a slight crawl "NOOOOOO! FUCK!" Marmol would scream in agony. The car would speed away from the scene. The killer was gone. Marmol and Shinlin would lay there to rot and disintegrate.
© Copyright 2009 blackdawn77 (blackdawn77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560744-Man-Without-Fear