*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561147-Charcoal-and-Love
by CAL
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1561147
The similarites of the life of a piece of charcoal and marriage.
Charcoal and Love

So is love like a piece of charcoal?

In the beginning a small flame touches the solid piece of charcoal then after a short period of time it becomes hot with a red-orange glow as the flames swirl in a passionate energy that engulfs the charcoal and fuels everything and keeps that going for as long as possible.

But eventually the glow and the swirling flames of heat stop and become a dull gray though it remains hot trying to last as long as possible to continue its quest for fulfillment  and purpose.  Yet after awhile that to begins to fade and the heat becomes cool and the once solid piece of charcoal becomes a powdery dull gray pile of ash where it becomes useless and the only way to recapture that burning hot glow and passionate fire is to start anew with another small flame igniting another piece of charcoal.
© Copyright 2009 CAL (clichten at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561147-Charcoal-and-Love