*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561903-Ripple
by Shaman
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1561903
Just a thing I wrote for class.
She smiles; ivory teeth complementing coral lips as flame touched hair streams over porcelain shoulders. Pen stroke curves meld themselves with her clothing as nimble fingers lace themselves with yours. She waits, ocean eyes churning every time she sees you smile, heart aching for your touch, gold ring gleaming in warm light. You whisper softly, her ears pricking in slight anticipation of the words she wants to hear. You pull her closer, those words still dancing inside of her head as lips touch yours. She looks at you, those eyes fearing your inevitable release as you vow to be there when she needs you most.
         You stand, bench creaking as wind tousles your unkempt hair and clinging to clothes remarkably unscathed from your earlier embrace. She looks up at you with those sad eyes and you look away, afraid to be pulled into the indeterminable darkness that she wraps around your mind with black ribbon. She stands carefully, the wind making her hair dance and dress flutter. You take that pale hand, feeling the blood pulse in your head. Heartbeat goes faster as she once again looks at you, your sights locked on her.
         She steps into your embrace once again; one hand now moves to her hip, the other extending outward in a careful arc. She presses her cheek into your chest as you slowly sway to faint music heard in a pavilion far away. The water mirrors your face, cold eyes staring back with a darker intention. You sway and her body presses closer, following your footsteps one heartbeat at a time. She wishes to be like this forever, eyes closed, unaware of the silver that rests against your wrist. You whisper once more, her neck craning to receive the words. The whispers bring sugar coated lies to an already drunken mind.
         The sliver of argent now slowly begins its ascent up the dress of alabaster. Carefully you mover her rotating body close to the crystalline water. Soft waves lap at the shores edge, clouds roil over, an azure sky moves white over warm sunlight. With the sudden bite of the wind, the blade enters her body with the cover of clouds. Past choking lungs and into a fluttering heart, eyes stare at you with such shock and sudden sadness that you cannot escape her gaze.
         She sighs as the blade leaves, folding into your arms as you slowly lower her into the waters. Red blossoms from her dress in a display of carnation, wisps of crimson grasp desperately for the surface in the embrace of deepening blue. Ocean eyes now blank, but expression is timeless as fingers of night pull her into murky depths. Dappled sunlight allows you your last glimpses of a white dress, fading into the face a monster. Steel eyes hide molten fury. It smiles, running fingers through unkempt hair. Quietly you leave, the monster now gone to hide. Bells tinkle, and all that is left is just the wisp of a white dress.

Then. Nothing.
© Copyright 2009 Shaman (wolvesbane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561903-Ripple