*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562544-Revenge
by Jello
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1562544
A series of events, leads to tragedy
It was so quiet you could hear the clock ticking. All the students at Rollins Jr. High were waiting for the bell to ring. They had had enough of school.

It was not the end of school. But the start of a four-day weekend.

A large noise ran across the room *Ding*.

That was the bell. Everyone ran out of the room and onto their busses.

"I can't wait for the four day weekend"

Justin said.

"Me too, I'm tired of all these tests."

Jeffrey answered back.

The bus ride home was long and boring. They lived a good three miles away from the school. The significant thing to this story is not about the weekend though. Little did they know, it would be Justin and Jeffrey's last weekend alive.



"Please report to your first period," The intercom stated statically.

All the students ran to their first periods.

"Dude, Jeff, I've...Well, I've been thinking about suicide dude," Justin said worrily.

"What about i...no....you will not. Would you?" Jeffrey Answered.

"Well...Yeah. Everyone hates me except for you, and I feel there is no point to living."

"Dude if you commit suicide, I will take a gun and shoot up this school.It'd be like Columbine Numero dos!"

"So if I commited suicide in 30 years you'd come back to THIS school?"

They both laughed.

"You know what I mean Justin."

"Yeah, but I really am considering it."

"You think I'm lying about the shooting thing."

There was no answer.

"Well...See you later."

That day went by fast.



"Oh my god!"

Jeffrey jumped when he heard the news.

Justin had commited suicide.

Thats impossible. Jeffrey thought to himself.

He thought about his promise he had made to Justin. Would he really do it?



"Get up!"

Jeffrey yelled into the lunchroom, Thursday afternoon.

He had kept his promise and was now shooting at anything that moved.

He was armed with an AK-47 that he had stolen from his dad, and a handgun, along with several homemade grenades.

He knew that some people would try to be heroes, and try to take his gun away.

He saw a teacher running toward him when he was reloading, he hurried and took out his Pistol, and shot it at him. It struck the poor teacher right in the chest and he was bleeding all over the ground.



Kids were trapped inside the building. Why? Jeffrey had locked all the doors, you see, his aunt was the schools counselor for the 8th grade. And he snuck into her office, locked all the escape routes, and threw the keys into a trash compactor.



He threw a grenade under a table where about forty students were hiding. A wannabe 'Hero' picked up the grenade and tried to chuck it back. But it was too late, and instead of throwing it in time, it exploded and killed people under other tables, besides the one he was in.



*Five minutes later*



There were bodies littered all over the cafeteria floor. Jeffrey shot injured people, and any other people he thought were playing dead.

"Surrender Now!"

"uh oh" Jeffrey said aloud. The cops were outside, guns loaded. He hurried into the library. Where there were no windows. When he entered the library, he saw a teacher calling 911, he shot her and shot anyone trying to run away.



*Five more minutes later*



The cops had broken through and Jeffrey was sure that he wouldnt kill anymore students. He had two grenades left. He watched as the cops broke down one of the metal doors that surrounded the school and threw a grenade at the door. It landed in the middle of some police officers, and exploded.



He watched as cops surrounded him, he tried to fire his AK-47, but the gun jammed. He decided he would take his own life. He pulled out his handgun, aimed it below his chin, And fired.



He woke up dazed. In an ambulance.

"Damnit! Holy shit! God damnit!"

He yelled angrily. The ambulance workers tried to calm him down but he would be going to prison now. He knew. Unless... He felt around. Yes! The last grenade, it was still in his pocket. He saw blood stains on the ground and stretcher he was on, he knew he couldnt see it. But he knew he'd blasted a hole in his jaw. Without anyone noticing. He stealthily took the grenade out, Yelled ,"Tell my family I love them." Pulled the pin, placed the grenade in his mouth, while the workers were frantically trying to open the back of the ambulance to jump out. He counted down from five, and when it hit five. He didn't remember anything else...

© Copyright 2009 Jello (jello12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562544-Revenge