*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562565-The-Rose-War
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1562565
One of my ideas, enjoy :D
Clive looked on at the desolate New York City area, taking a quick drag of her cigarette. She coughed a bit and threw it to the ground, scrutinzing her nasty habit. She had to get rid of the habit... Then again, it's not like that it would her affect her perfect health, or stain her her beauty. Not since the expierments anyway. Nothing mattered anymore. Anyone who was around didn't give a crap about anything. So what? No problem. Clive was free to do whatever her heart pleased. Read those ancient Cable and Deadpool comics blankly and insignifficantly enjoyed so much. Go do some 'discount' shopping. Go see a movie. Or order around of bunch a misfits called Humans. What was it about Humans that made her itch? Their diformities probably. It was her species source of income, what put food on their tables. She had to look at them and order them around EVERYDAY, so she had to suck it up.
"Commander."
Clive snapped out of her deep thought and turned to the quivering voice with a emerald glare.
"One of the workers, they are gone." The young man stammered.
"That stammer is going to get you killed." Clive said looking him from head to toe, "You need to put on weight. Not even the Humans look that fragile." She murmured audibly. Her stride was fast but steady and graceful. Just as any Rose should. Perfection was key to survival. Look perfect, be perfect, ACT perfect. No room for error. Any error got you sent to The Steamers and that was not a place you wanted to go. That young man would have to put on weight and fast. He was to scrawny for a Rose and higher powers would find out and he would die that day. And his stammer: Set up his tombstone now.
Clive knew that. She always had from the day she was first Re-Born. She knew that at the dawning of Civil War X, or usually called The Rose War. The goverment thought they could create the perfect being, thus enhancing world happiness. A nice dream but not what was needed. Creating Roses where not the key to world happiness. Roses didn't create peace. They created a violent jealousy. Humans would beat Roses,brutally. Almost to the point of certain death. But the government never new that Roses would eventually evolve in the shortest period of time. Two years. And Roses had gained abilities, typically chlorokinesis. But it got worse over a course of only a year. Once known as Kaitlyn Summers, now Alyss 'Clive' Mason would be the first to blossom into a Rose...with Thorns.
Clive recalled those many years before, as she blankly stared at blood seep from the Humans wound, and as the body turned cold. It was weird to her, alien. Did she have blood like this man? Or was she so perfect that such a vile thing like blood did not exist in her? Her gaze danced across the man, looking at his rags, his rough skin barely covering brittle bones. Clive felt an imperfection fall down her perfect features. She felt an imperfection so great, it could have gotten her shot right there if anyone were to see her... She felt emotion.
© Copyright 2009 .Crina.Valmia. (lily12294 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562565-The-Rose-War