*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563102-Cease-fire-unfinished
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1563102
sex and explosions!!!

It was cold that night. Really cold. Although i was completely covered from head to toe in woollen goods, the harsh wind that had broken through the small gap under the door and windows still penetrated deep inside me. I pushed open the door with little effort as it was ready to collapse itself. Creaking it open i peered round to check nobody else was on top of the roof for whatever reason. There’s usually one person that mucks up an entire operation just with their presence. It was clear. The wind buffeting me as i took my first few steps out into the now even harsher wind. I crouched down, huddling up for warmth to scout my surroundings. The slight rain had done its damage to a group of now soggy boxes that once stood defiantly. I checked my mobile phone for the time. The digits 22.43 shined up at me. Still crouching, i creeped over to a small concrete block that had a small pipe jutting out of it, pouring out steam and occasionally letting some sort of liquid splutter out. I sat down my leather briefcase with someone else’s initials engraved on it, down. I twirled the disk next to the handle with the alphanumeric digits on it until i heard a click. The briefcases lid swung open revealing several parts to my rifle. With ease, i slotted the components into each other. I had another look about for wandering janitors and for somewhere where i could rest my gun, making it less shaky. I slapped the bullets into the chamber and cocked it before resting it in my arms. I watched the building parallel, for movements in the conference room where our target was situated.

After checking the time on my phone again i realized that Jennifer was late. Women... Another couple of minutes past before i noticed her at the top of the target building. I brought the rifle scope up to my right eye, closing the left one. I followed her movements only looking at her breasts for a short while. She gave the ‘go’ signal then began to rappel down, bending slightly as she jumped every so often. She looked quite good completely covered in black with a balaclava concealing her face. Not that she was ugly or anything, she just looked sexy with all her gear on. She stopped just as she came to the top of the window where 10 men were dining with the Russian that had what we needed. I aligned my scope crosshairs with a dining man in a suit that was in line with the window. All these men were laughing amongst themselves. For some reason i felt insecure. There was absolutely no way that it could be me that they were laughing at, but i felt very insecure and alone. I thought about how silly emotions are and began singing a tune from a cereal advert in my head until i regained confidence. Holding my breath, so as to not make the rifle shake as much with my heavy breathing, i pulled the trigger. The window shattered into a million little pieces, each one reflecting the emotion of the now dead man. Almost as soon as the window smashed, Jennifer had jumped through and fired of 9 impressive rounds, each bullet finding itself a body. Just the Russian was left hyperventilating...

I want to know if i should bother finishing this. If people are at all interested in it then i might finish. Depends, im lazy.

© Copyright 2009 mini eggs (mrsmooth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563102-Cease-fire-unfinished