*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563532-Empire-of-Monsters-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1563532
Third part of Manga series where Sara finds Ling's village frozen. Artist needed
"Hoo!" Sara said as she looked at the frozen village, "Looks like somebody did a real number this little town of yours!"

"But what could have done this!?!" Shyao asked, "This was a bustling town that no one wanted to destroy because of the amount of money it brought in!"

"Probably a Yeti," Sara said unconcerned.

"Unlikely," Sado snorted, "There are no yeti's this far east. They might be in russia where I picked you up but they don't exist here. No this was probably the work of an ice demon."

"A demon!?" Shyao asked trembling.

"Why have there been so many demon's lately!?" Ling asked clutching his sword fearfully.

"Who knows," Sara said, "But this is you town so we'll drop you off here and I'll chase off the demon who did this."

"You will!?" Shyao and Ling asked disbelievingly.

"Why do you sound so surprised!?" Sara growled angrily, "Of coarse I'm going to fight off the demon! Fighting demons is fun!"

"I'm sure you'll do fine mistress!" Sado said, "I will cheer you to victory and- Yeoch!!!"

"You'll do more than that you coward!!!" Sara shouted pounding away at a spot on Sado's head, "You're a monster to so grow a backbone and fight!"

"Yes mistress," Sado said sadly tears running down his face.

Soon the group was on the edge of the village with Sara twirling her dagger merrily as Ling held his sword out nervously looking around. Shyao trembled behind Ling as Sado resumed human form and massaged the lump that had grown on his head. All around them people were trapped in positions of horror as living ice sculptures all looking back towards the center of the town.

"Interesting," Sara said poking one of the frozen people, "Their frozen solid but they're still breathing."

"The demon probably likes his human's alive," Shyao whimpered trembling as several half frozen eyes watched their progress.

"Can't argue with that," Sara said happily walking along, "Food always taste better when it's still struggling."

"Indeed," Sado said sighing, "The feeling of something squirming down your throat into your belly is quiet enjoyable!"

"Would you two shut up!?!" Ling shouted smacking the sheath of his sword into the back of Sara's and Sado's heads, "You're scaring Shyao!"

Sara looked over to where Shyao was while Sado lay on the ground clutching his head as another lump began to push it's way up through his fingers. Indeed Shyao was in a fetal position her eyes wide as she rocked back and forth trembling. Sara shrugged and said, "I don't see why she's so scared, I don't like the taste of humans, way to bitter!"

"I don't think she feels like following you now," Ling said trying to get Shyao to stand up, "You really seemed to have scared her."

"Fine leave her," Sara said shrugging, "Though the demon is obviously still around and seems to like the taste of humans."

A second later shyao was wrapped around Sara trembling as Sara shouted, "Get you oversized boobies off of me!"

A short walk latter they had advanced close to the heart of the town where Sado had torn off a lump of ice for the bumps on his head. The numbers of people frozen had increased and the closer to the center of town they came the less fearful people seemed to be when they were frozen. Apparently these people had been frozen before they had even noticed something was happening.

Rounding a corner everyone's eyes went wide as the stared in shocked horror at what lay before them. A Beautiful woman sat of a throne of ice surrounded by merchants that had been frozen solid in the middle of selling their fish and cattle even though the demoness was currently munching on their customers. Shyao and Ling shrank away from the demoness' hungry gaze as Sado and Sara leapt forward with a cry this is terrible!"

"Look at all these fish!" Sado cried stopping next to one of the fish merchants, "All these wonderful fish frozen solid! They will take ages to thaw enough for me to eat them!"

"These poor cattle!" Sara weapt leaning against one of the animals, "They look like they'd be so juicy and plump! But they're frozen into hard inedable lumps of ice!"

"This is a disaster!!!" Sado and Sara cried to the heavens.

The demoness looked back and forth between Sara and Sado obviously surprised to be ignored in the place of frozen foods. Shyao and Ling sighed in disappointment thinking that the two had been enraged by the demoness' actions against the people of this town.

"Um... exscuse me?" the demoness said coughing to try and attract attention to herself.

"Ew!" Sara squealed plugging her nose, "go somewhere else if you're going to do that!!! Oh you're the demoness."

"Demoness?" Sado asked looking up.

"Yes," the demoness said coughing obviously annoyed, "I'm the demoness that did this to this pittiful town, and I believe one of you are responsable for killing my brother who works with a nearby village."

Ling and Shyao trembled thinking back to yesterday when Sara had slaughtered the demon of their village. gulping they began to back away as stopping when the demoness said, "While I don't know which one of you did it I will kill you all."

The demoness raised her hand and the ice formed into dozens of ice soildiers all clutching icy blades. Ling leapt forward to intercept the one that had lunged for Shyao and began to furiously try and beat it back, but it fought like a trained warrior and Ling had to struggle to keep from being skewered. Sara easily slashed the two that leapt at her to pieces and said, "Sado please remove these toys."

"Yes mistress," Sado sighed as he leapt away from the three chasing him before transforming and reducing them all to rubble with a sweep of his tail.

"Careful you two timing serpent!" Sara growled, "If you wreak this town I won't be able to dump those two fools here!"

"A sea serpent eh?" the demoness said smiling, "You must be the one who killed my brother."

"No no no! It wasn't me!" Sado said shaking his head rapidly waving his short forelegs wildly.

"You won't fool me," the demoness said smiling summoning sparking mist, "You mean to tell me a couple little humans with blunt weapons killed him? Impossible, now die!!!"

The demoness hurled the mist at Sado who yelped and tried to back away but was blocked by buildings. Before the mist touched him a pilled fire fire rushed past him and melted the mist as Sado returned to human form to present as small a target as possible. Standing before him smoke raising from her mouth was an extreamily angry looking Sara.

"Now did you just dear call me a human?" Sara asked angrily.

"You mean that something as small and pitiful as yourself could be something else?" the demoness laughed.

"Whatever you think of me I'll kill you easily ice demon!" Sara said her mouth opening impossibly wide revealing a large array of sharp fangs that made the demoness back up in fright.

"What are you!?!" the demoness demanded as she tripped over her throne.

As an answer Sar shouted, "Flashfire Surge!" a huge piller of fire poured from Sara's mouth encomposing the street and flowing through the town like water melting all ice away and reducing the demoness to ash.

"Now then," Sara said her mouth returning to normal, "Where is this aunt of your's?"
© Copyright 2009 Bithor Bithore (bithor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563532-Empire-of-Monsters-3