*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563571-My-Father-is-Sick
by Broski
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1563571
A Short Page I wrote about my father. You can call it what you like.
My father is sick. Seeing him brings regrets. I regret not having given back the love he has given to me. Looking at him now his eyes are yellow, taking the appearance of a monster. His body is weak, moving around the house like a slug. He learned he needed a cat scan a week before, which lead to a development. His body was reacting to a blockage in his liver. This blockage was unknown and operations were taken place to find the cause. Doctors preformed surgery to figure out the blockage, but at the start of entering my fathers mouth to reach the liver during the operation, he began to suffocate. He's very fragile due to a fall he had off a roof, breaking every bone in his face during his childhood disrupting his throat passage. Because of this he will be transferred to another hospital in the city. "Better" doctors they say will take care of him. Still his body weakens with every step. Medical bills pile on my fathers shoulders. Although my father has health insurance, they only will pay so much. Meanwhile bills pile on my unemployed mother back at home.

My father has been an owner of his own plumbing and heating business for thirty years. After thirty years he still works alone with not enough money to bring other plumbers in. He has worked penny to penny and never stopped. He's sick now and out of work. With no work there is no money, and with that comes trouble.

My father is sick. My father is tired. My father has given. At this time I realize, I have not given back.
In those thirty years my father has given, I have taken with no second thought. I have not realized the importance of my father. A father does so much that sometimes his children don't understand, they don't treasure what they have and what their fathers have done. But now I understand. Now I have realized. Now I see clearly. Unfortunately, now My Father is Sick.
© Copyright 2009 Broski (broski at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563571-My-Father-is-Sick