*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563581-Affinity-Ch-2
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Supernatural · #1563581
Struggling to cope with his "afterlife", Liam discovers a new determination to protect.
With a feeling of weightlessness, Liam lie on the cool ground. Oddly, he felt at ease and content. Not wanting to open his eyes, he basked in the coolness and serenity noticing how bright his surroundings seemed through his eyelids. He could almost feel the light about him. Fingers stretching, a tingling warmth spread through him causing him to smile slightly. For once, everything felt alright.

A soft sound drifted to his ears and he strained to hear the source of it, still unwilling to open his eyes. Then the sound took the form of a word: his name. The voice, if it was a voice, was light and graceful. He had never heard such a sound.

He opened his eyes to the brightness as the whisper grew stronger. Gazing about, his surroundings looked beyond bright. A white aura seemed to have appeared around everything. He was in his yard yet felt far from anything familiar and realized he didn't mind.

Confusion coming slowly, he sat up with content curiosity. Looking around again he saw the source of the voice. A figure stood a few yards away with a kind smile on his brown face. He was dressed in a white robe and a white aura surrounded him more intensely than anything else.

Normally Liam would be on guard instantly but this man seemed anything but dangerous. Liam felt very relaxed and the figure's voice soothed him further.

“Liam. Come.”

Liam stood up. His thoughts in a haze, he only felt. He was drawn to the smiling man who held out his hand. Feet moving, instinct leading, Liam walked lightly towards the offered hand. The man's smile grew as he waited, his eyes shining.

Taking his hand, Liam watched the man.

“Welcome,” he said warmly and the ground left Liam's feet.

© Copyright 2009 SkyTreader (lonely_ire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563581-Affinity-Ch-2