*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563730-How-to-Fall-Off-A-Log
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1563730
Free form writing - instruction essay
Introduction-

In the course of human history there has been a saying that, though said differently in other cultures, is prevalent and deems exploring. This statement is '..as easy as falling off a log." This statement seems ludicrous and haphazard, but it has become a crucial comment when dealing with acts of physical or mental prowess one deems easy when talking about it to someone who does not know.

But one has to ask, "How do you Fall Off a Log?" This article will explain, step by step on how to do this.

STEP ONE

Find a log. Make sure that it is of sufficient width to hold the length of your feet and of a height that makes the fall something that you care not to do.

STEP TWO

Stand on the log. This may take more coordination then you think. Logs can be slick, wobbly, and can roll away without warning once pressure is applied to them. I would suggest placing both hands on the log, then swinging one leg on, then pulling the other up. Slowly get into a crouching position and raise up from there.

STEP THREE

This is the trickiest step, falling off the log. You can not simply 'jump' off the log -- the saying is '..falling off a log." So, start moving on the log. Walking forwards and backwards, swing your arms wildly; anything to lose balance. Do not try and catch yourself. Allow the momentum to carry you awkwardly off the log. This may take some practice as you will continually JUMP instead of fall until you get the hang of it.

CONCLUSION-

Next time someone says to you "...its as easy as falling of a log." Look them in the eye and ask them, "Sure it is, have you ever tried falling off a log? If not, go try and then come tell me again." This will confuse the person at first, but if he sees the conviction and honesty in your eyes, he will know that falling off a log is not as simple as it sounds.
© Copyright 2009 RCParrish (superninja42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563730-How-to-Fall-Off-A-Log