*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564420-Resident-Evil-Infection-The-Train-Pt2
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1564420
Pt.2 of Resident Evil Infection
Joel quickly took out his M4 shooting the zombies which had by now surrounded him. He quickly swept his foot under a group of zombies legs, tripping them. He smashed their heads in with the stock of the M4 and ran to the other side of the train. The door was stuck and zombies were gathering behind him. He kicked the door off of it's hinges and got into the next train compartment, quickly locking the door behind him. He slid into a seat to rest. He had sat on a phone. Grabbing the phone he looked at the doors to see if there were any zombies coming in to the compartment.

On the screen a message lit up. It was an emergency broadcast stating that a train carrying zombies would be bombed within 30 minutes. That train happened to be the train Joel was on. The message even had a picture of the train. Joel noticed something odd on the picture. It seemed to have a figure moving under the train. Actually it looked a bit like... no it couldn't be. He saw him fall off. He passed it off as shadows and decided to move to the next compartment. He got up from his seat and marched slowly to the door of the next train compartment. The door was rigged. As he pushed it open it triggered an explosion. He was sent flying back towards the other door, on which he hit his head. He sat there for a few seconds until he lost consciousness.

Joel slipped in and out of consciousness. The train had started moving again. As he passed in and out of consciousness he saw a zombie looking him in the face, and then pulling him into a different compartment. He was laid down in front of the zombie he originally met. She was dark-haired and had most of her face missing. But she seemed to have a regal sort of stance about her. And the other zombies were keeping far away from her. As if they were scared.

Joel suddenly jerked up to a sitting position. His eyes were still a bit foggy but soon enough he realized his situation. He was surrounded by zombies. But his eyes were drawn towards the she-zombie, who sat in a large armchair taken out of the private compartments. She stood up and walked towards Joel who now found himself unable to move of his own will. Somehow he now found himself standing, with the she-zombie now just inches away. She looks him right in the face, and then smells him. He tilts his head toward the right revealing the soft, tender flesh of his neck. She lurches, about to bite. Unable to control his body, closed his eyes, and was filled with a sense of dread. For a second all the world was quite, just before the pain. But the pain didn't come. He opened his eyes. The she-zombie stood there, with her mouth still open. She fell backwards. And then came the worst grinding noise. Joel now able to move curled up on the floor and covered his ears. He passed out again.

Laying on the hand rails of the back of the compartment, Joel realizes what happened. Someone or something had caused the extra gas tank to explode. Whatever it was it had saved him. All he had to do was climb back up the hanging compartment. It was slow work and tired him out, but eventually he reached the rails. The train was still connected and was threatening to pull the rest of it off. Joel quickly pressed down the release buttons and the compartment tumbled down with the bodies of the she-zombie and and her minions. However Joel had a feeling that wouldn't be the last he'd seen of her.

Joel opened the door of the last train compartment which had stopped since the explosion. Battered and bruised, there was Niel stood with the bat over his shoulder, in a heroic pose. His face was covered in dirt and he had a large cut in his forearm. He helped me up and got the train moving again. Niel explained everything that happened while he was gone. He also proved he had not been bitten but instead was hurt when he caused the explosion. Joel looked around and noticed there were several people inside the train.

They soon arrived at the last station and then marched towards their last safe place. The Ark. The last zombie free city in the country, or even in the world as far as they knew. Yet In the background lurched something deadly and powerful, unnoticed by our two heroes.

End of The Train

Writer's Note: I hoped you enjoyed the second part.
There will be another story detailing exactly what happened when Niel was gone so don't worry ;)
Please in your reviews could you tell which perspective you prefer so the second story could be improved, Thanks.
The next one is called Resident Evil Infection: Safe Haven
© Copyright 2009 CloseKnight (closeknight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564420-Resident-Evil-Infection-The-Train-Pt2