*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564430-Jinx-Double-Jinx
Rated: ASR · Draft · Fanfiction · #1564430
Part of a story about the reason behind the reason behind life.
Us young people don't understand what confident and knowledgable older people have been through to learn what they continually tell us. Not until we begin to experience the real world ourselves. We create our own realities. It's amazing meeting a younger person who is really good at pinpointing personalities in only a short time after first meeting. Observation is the first step to learning. Monkey see monkey do, that sort of theory. It's the best way of teaching too. Show them once exactly what you expect, then allow the student to try to reach the set standard.

You can't choose your family until you're an adult. Until then, rely on yourself to filter through examples set in your mind of behaviour and opinion. Filter anything that does not naturally appeal to you. From birth an elite personality is within your framework. It is going to be influenced by what surrounds you. I was lucky to be born into a family with a Mum and Dad who worked really hard to make their children's lives as pleasant and meaningful as possible. There are no hideous memories in my mind. Unfortunately, some people are born into a place that should not exist. These places I can barely even imagine as there is no excuse for some of the things that are forced upon innocent minds and bodies. These places should be removed from any society as quickly as possible and the children taken to a new place where at first they may be lonely, but will soon realise that there is something beautiful about the world they hadn't seen before.

A hen had her two chicks with her as I was wandering in her direction with my two chicks. Constant positive reinforcement, options and example helps my chicks to set an example for other chicks who are less fortunate on the moralistic level. Even at the age of one and a half years, my daughter knew to be still and gentle with these small creatures. And the boisterous three and a half year old boy knew it too. With excitement surging through all of us at the rare occasion of being so close to these birds, we managed to encourage them close enough to hold one of the baby chicks and pet it and love it for a short time. It knew by animal instinct it need not fear us. Amazing how a rooster will fight off the hen and chicks so he can get all the food he wants first. We had to keep him away so the weaker ones could eat to gain strength. Disgusting how more children arrived by our chick friends and the instant they spotted the birds chased them, looking forward to watching them run. It is not my job to discipline other people's children, but there are certain things I will not stand for. Interesting how these uneducated children become aware of what they are really doing while they think they're having fun, simply from a kindly succinct statement of the negative roll on affect of their actions. Exciting how my children help to teach their peers positive behaviour by example, as the children who heard a reason not to do what they were doing looked to their peers for a reason to do something of the opposite nature. They looked and they saw. My son standing by his little sister touching gently the small chick she held in her arms while sitting quietly on a tree stump. Both these beautiful children with soft smiles on their lips and in their eyes. And pride in my heart.

Innately it is selfish to do something for another out of good will. This is one theory. The explanation being that eventually the good will be returned in some form, or that the favor giver will feel good about themselves for putting something positive on their list of things they did during their day. It can be disappointing when you ask for help from somebody who verbally supports you and the answer you were expecting is hidden behind a very clear answer of the opposing strength. Frustrating knowing that had the dice been rolled by them, you would not have hesitated to make their life a little easier. This is determined by what morale has been instilled during the process that helps make them what they are. Also, who they are. Their innate personality may not provide the ability to learn to be considerate or gallant for their fellow person. Surely there are effective ways of teaching such qualities to someone who has reached a stage where the ability to learn complex characteristics. It would be worth it if the teacher got through to the student and turned them around to rise from the depths of themselves to rest on a new page in their own book of fulfillment. They will realise why you are consistantly uplifted - because of strength you loaned to people who need some. The knowledge that good spirit lives inside will lift them too and when it's time, they will teach another in the spirit of humanity. And so goes on history.


© Copyright 2009 Stacey Elliott (missandjon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564430-Jinx-Double-Jinx