*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564995-Wolverine-and-Gambit
by EGirl
Rated: GC · Short Story · Drama · #1564995
Gambit and Logan from X-men, if you dont like, dont read.
Logan woke up to the pounding of rain on his window and the loud howling of the wind echoing in the drain pipe. He groaned as he put his feet to the floor aggravatingly flicking on the light.As he looked at the clock on his dresser reading 5:32 am, he walked across the room searching for the jeans he had been wearing the previous night wondering if there was a cigar hidden in them. When he reached inside the jean pocket he found a piece of paper with only three words written in french on it,Je suis désolé, which meant I am sorry. Logan's eyes got big for a few seconds and then he quickly recovered from his short forthecoming of emotion by gruffing at the note and throwing it into the trash. Logan quickly turned away from the trashcan, shoved his red and white plaid shirt on and slipped through the door. He could hear hushed conversation in the professors office so that is where he set off to. When he entered the room, he noticed that there were a lot of people awake, for it to be this early in the morning. Storm, Rogue, Cyclopse and the professor were all frantically looking through someones possesions. Logan quickly realized who the posessions belonged to, they were Remy's. "Oh good you're awake Logan", said the professor as he turned his wheelchair around, with a grave look on his face. "Ya, i could'nt sleep with all this rain", he shot a dirty look at storm who was standing by the window, as if she was deep in thought. Rogue took a step towards Logan with a pained look on her face," look Logan i dont know any other way to say this, but, Gambit has gone missing". Logan looked at Rogue as if she was speaking Jiberish. " What ya mean missing"? Xavier looked Logan dead in the eyes, " Logan may i speak to you for a second alone", all of the other mutants in the room cleared and it was only Logan and the Xavier left. " Logan I know that you and Gambit were close...", Logan sighed as he looked out the window admiring the strength of the trees, even though the wind was swirling around them."Yeah we were close but what is it to ya"? The professor blinked at him," I was wondering if you would like to be the one to go find him". Logan turned around with a smirk on his face, trying to cover up the sadness in his eyes," if Remy wanted to be here, he wouldnt have left". On that note he crossed the room and was about to exit when the professor entered his mind " go find him Logan, dont let him leave like that", he then turned around and exited through another door towards the back of his office leaving Logan standing in the room by himself. Logan grimaced as he entered into his room again. The rain had finally settled down, and the wind was not as loud as before, storm must have calm down, he thought. He was so deep in thought by the time he realized what he was doing he had already packed and was ready to go." Remy did always have a way of making a scene", he said to himself as he exited the door ready to go find the Cajun, who had only left three words behind in french to explain why he had left. Logan knew it could take weeks to be able to track Remy down, but if he could get the professor to narrow it down, it would be of much help. After he had packed all of his stuff into a brown bag and slung it over his black Harley, he reached his hand into the side pocket of his saddle bag looking for the tin can cigar case which held all of his current cigars. He found the particular brand of stogie he wanted and lit it. The smell was smokey and had a hint of vanilla in it, which helped calm the nerves that were building up inside Logan's chest. Xavier rolled into the garage, and silently watched Logan leaning against his motorcycle," so you have decided to go", Logan smirked," it was either that or listen to all of you complain". The professor smirked, " yes well that is true, but i thought you should know he is in Louisiana". Logan got up and put the black sleek helmet on his head," yeah that figures", he growled under his breath," dumb gambler, shit head.....".The professor could no longer hear what he was saying because of the loud roar of the harley in the confined space of the garage, and then Logan left, sought out on a adventure to find Remy, or acutally to find 'his' Remy.
© Copyright 2009 EGirl (egirl2593 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564995-Wolverine-and-Gambit