*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565105-Ripped-From-a-Dream-Part-one-Unrevised
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Experience · #1565105
Part of a short story inspired by a dream of mine
Dr. Rathmis finished writing some notes from Nell’s response, “Now how has Lasrik been?” the psychiatrist peered over his glasses.

Nell looked down at her pet who turned to catch he eyes. Lasrik sat in he lap. He was intelligent, like all pets, and bipedal. His thick, powerful tail trailed off in front of Nell’s legs. Atop his stout body was an elongated neck which supported his elongated head. His jaws were long and lined with sharp teeth. On each side of his head was a finlike structure. He scratched his large stomach, “Well, Doc, I’ve been good.”

“I was asking Nell.”

Lasrik shrugged. Nell shook her head, “He was doing great, but as I’ve told you before it takes so much energy to control him.”

“What do you mean was?” Rathmis scratched a few more notes.

“He caused Rylan to break up with me,” Nell answer, a tone of sadness was in her voice.

“Did not!” Lasrik looked up at the bottom of Nell’s chin.

“Las!” Nell raised her voice at her pet.

Lasrik’s fins twitched slightly, “Sorry.”

Dr. Rathmis jotted down some more notes, “Nell tell me what happened.

“He raped Quil,” Nell had trouble saying it.

“Oh my,” Rathmis went to town on his notepad writing as fast as he could manage, “I am to assume that Quil is Rylan’s pet?”

Nell nodded, “We were together for about three years and the entire time Las and Quil were fine. Then out of nowhere he rapes her.”

Lasrik crossed his arms, “She liked it.”

“Las, could you please be quiet!” Nell moved Lasrik off her lap onto the couch next to her, roughly.

Rahtmis continued to write, giving his mechanical pencil a few clicks, “Lasrik, could you please refrain from speaking?” the pet rolled his eyes, “How long ago was this?”



Four days ago



Rylan put his arm around Nell and gave her a kiss, “So your dad isn’t all that enthusiastic about you moving in with me?”

“Not at all,” Nell continued to make her self a salad in the large kitchen of her parents house, “But I know that its not you. My dad adores you. He worried about other things…stuff like Las.”

“I don’t know how you ended up with someone like him,” Rylan took a seat on a stool positioned at the island in the kitchen.

Nell set some food on the island, “I know but I love Las. He’s been with me longer than you’ve been with Quil,” as she was taking a seat a scream came from several rooms away.

“Quil!” Rylan quickly stood and ran, knocking the stool over. Nell followed closely. The scream originated from the parlor.

Upon entering the room they saw Lasrik holding the felinesque Quil down on the white couch against the far wall. He had forced himself inside of the smaller pet. He was too large for her and every thrust caused a spurt of blood to spray out from between Quil’s legs, staining the couch.

After he had finished vomiting, Rylan pulled Lasrik off his pet, “What the fuck is wrong with you?” Rylan shouted as he scooped up Quil, cradling her. Blood soaked into his shirt as he rushed out of the house. Nell looked as Lasrik and only could cry.



“He called me the next day and broke up with me saying that if I wanted to be with him I would have to be separated from Las,” Nell struggled to speak and found herself holding Lasrik’s clawed hand.

“You do know what that would mean for Lasrik?” Rathmis set his notes down, “Being separated from a pet is a serious thing.”

“I know what it would mean for Las, but I could never be separated from Las,” Nell replied. Her pet’s fins twitched as he looked up at her.

“Nell, have you ever considered being separated from Lasrik, I want you to answer this honestly,” a stern look over took Dr. Rathmis’ face as he leaned in slightly awaiting Nell’s answer.

She thought about it hard, taking into consideration everything that Las had done wrong. He was the reason that she was seeing Dr. Rathmis in the first place. They both waited eagerly for he response. She first looked at Las, then up at Dr. Rathmis after several minutes she gave her answer, “No.”

In a rush of relief and excitement, Lasrik jumped to his feet on the couch and hugged Nell. Rathmis took a few more notes. They finished up the session and left. Lasrik had remained quiet through the rest of the session, but spoke when they reached Nell’s car, “so, even with everything that I have done you would never be separated from me?”

Nell got in the car, shut her door and waited for Lasrik to climb up on the seat to answer, “I would never be separated from you, I love you to much.”

The pet put his seatbelt on, “I didn’t think you loved me with all that yelling at me.”

Nell backed the car out of the spot and rolled her eyes, “Las you make me feel like a parent. I don’t think that other people feel like that with their pets.”

On the way home Lasrik remained silent, once again, until Nell pulled into the driveway. Without looking away from the window he asked, “If I was to apologize to Quil, do you think she will accept it?”

The owner looked at the pet, “Honestly, no. You raped her.”

“I don’t know why I did it either, we Draslins aren’t an impulsive specie,” Las climbed down out of the car.

“Draslins may not be impulsive, but you are,” Nell walked into the house.

“Nell? Is that you?” her mother’s voice came from the kitchen.

Lasrik yawned, “I’ll be upstairs taking a nap,” the pet stretched as he made his way off towards the stairs.

Nell walked in to the kitchen, “Yes?”

“Dr. Rathmis called after your session was over. If you wanna separate from Las your father and I support you,” her mother was cutting some vegetables.

“Whoa,” Arthin, Nell’s father’s pet, set his book down, “You are aware that it will kill Las.”

“What did he tell you?” Nell sat at the island across from Arthin, “I didn’t say that I wanted to be separated from Las. I said that I would never be separated from him.”

“He said it was an option that you should consider, given well,” Carrie, Nell’s mother, shuddered, “the rape.”

Nell shook her head and sighed, “I’m not separating from Las! You told me what it was like when you were separated from your pet. You said you could feel him die and that you were depressed and had nightmares for years after.” Carrie looked up and let go of the knife.

“That was harsh,” Arthin looked over to her. She was silent and looked upset beyond reason, “Why’d you do that Nell. You know she doesn’t like to be reminded of what it was like.” Carrie stepped over to Arthin and ran her fingers through his thick brown fur.

Nell saw the blank look on her face, “I’m sorry mom.”

“I know you are, but I’m not gonna force separation on you, no one should have to go through that,” She looked as if she was slowly starting to relax before she slammed her hands on the counter top, “Damn you Roger!”

“I gotta go finish some homework,” Nell wanted out of the room, “I’ll be upstairs,” she went up to her room. Lasrik had dozed off on the bed already, his teal scales shined as the sun came through the window. She finished her homework and decided to doze off herself, with Lasrik next to her.



Her alarm rang the next morning. She reached over and turned it off and turned her light on, “Not again,” she sighed. There was a small puddle of semen on the other side of the bed where Las was sleeping. After rolling out of bed she nudged Las to wake him. The pet sat up and accidentally stuck his hand in the sticky puddle.

“What’s this?” he held his hand to his face and sniffed, “Smells like love juices.”

“Eww,” Nell was repulsed, “Go wash your hand, but don’t touch anything with it.”

“Alright,” Lasrik jumped off the bed and walked to the bathroom.

The blankets needed to be washed, so Nell pulled the blankets off and carried them to the laundry room, “Did it again did he?” Arthin, who woke early every morning, asked when he saw her carrying the blankets.

“Yeah,” Nell dropped off the blankets and made her way to the kitchen to pour herself a bowl of cereal.

“I noticed that you’re having your mother wash those blankets,” Lasrik climbed up on a stool.

“Of course I am, you blew it all over my bed,” Nell poured milk into her bowl.

“Oh please, its just a bit of cum.”

“Las, I’m not gonna sleep in a bed that’s covered in your cum,” the owner told the pet.

“Ok, now I know that you don’t like my love juices,” Las climbed off the stool to get himself some food for himself.

“You couldn’t figure it out after the first time with how pissed I was?” Nell rolled her eyes, finished her breakfast, and moved on to finish the rest of her morning routine. She was ready to walk out the door when Arthin stopped her.

“Hey, Nell, Harv wants you to keep tonight after school open,” Arthin turned the news down slightly.

“Why?”

“Harv’s taking the family out on the lake,” Arthin summed up the plans that Nell’s father had set forth for that afternoon.

“I guess I’ll be there,” she started walking towards the door again, “Las!” she called out.

She heard him run down the stairs, “What is it?”

“Are you coming to school with me today?” Nell opened the door.

“Sure,” Las followed her out the door and climbed into her car.

The halls at the school were crowded with students and their pets. All were excited as the end of the school year was fast approaching. Nell was particularly excited for she was graduating after having to take her senior year twice. Although she didn’t regret having to take it over again. She was able to expand on her education she was getting, and she met Cori, a person who was rapidly becoming a great friend. That’s despite the rough start they got off to.

When Nell had met Cori she thought that Rylan was cheating on her. After a short argument, Nell learned that Zaqulli, Cori’s pet, was Quils sister and that Rylan and Cori had known each other for years.

From down the hall, Lasrik saw Cori approaching and became a bit uncomfortable knowing her connection to Quil, “I gotta go to the bathroom, I’ll meet back up with you in first hour,” Las ran off.

“Nell!” Cori called out.

“Hey, Cori,” Nell looked around her locker door.

Cori stopped in front of Nell’s locker, “Rylan said you guys broke up.”

“Yeah,” Nell shut her locker door.

“It was the same reason he needed to see me in such a hurry, and why Zaq isn’t here”

A sharp exhalation came from Nell’s nose, “He actually regrets doing what he did. For as much as I know he woulda never hurt Quil. No one saw it coming.”

“Zaq said that she would feel really uncomfortable around Las now, and that she wanted to help her recover both physically and mentally,” the first bell rang, “See ya later, Nell.”

Nell took her seat in her first hour history course next to Lasrik, “So, what did Cori have to say?”

“She says that Zaq doesn’t want to see you anymore,” Nell searched her bag for the proper text book.

A loud thud came from Las’ head hitting the desk, “I kinda fucked myself, didn’t I?”

Nell ran her hand back and forth along Lasrik’s long neck, “I still love you Las. I’m the only one who really matters here. It’s why I’m not all broke up about Rylan.”

Lasrik looked up at Nell, “Go on.”

“He told me that I should be separated from you, remember?” Nell continued to stroke his scaly neck, “If it wasn’t for that comment I would’ve been rather upset about him breaking up with me. I’ve been with you longer than he’s been with Quil, and he’s older than me.”

“I guess,” Las hugged Nell. The rest of the school day passed and Nell could cross another day off her countdown to graduation. When she arrived home, her dad had the boat on the trailer and was ready to go to the lake. Parked on the driveway next to her father’s truck was an SUV that belonged to her uncle Clark.

It was a quiet ride to the lake, but once at the lake it was quite loud with her younger cousin’s and their pets about. The boat was in the water and everyone was ready to go. The boat sliced through the water easily as Harvey increased the throttle.

Las sat in the aft section alone, thinking about what he had done and why he might have done it. Nikko and Ela, Nell’s cousin’s pets, came back towards Las, “What do you guys want?” Las never liked the approaching pets.

“Guess what I heard?” Nikko, a racaan, hopped up on the edge of the boat.

“I don’t think I want to hear it,” Las replied, quite annoyed by their mere presence.

“Nik, I don’t think you should be like that about this, its pretty serious,” Ela tried to get Nikko to stop. Las saw that and took note that she was maturing.

Nikko giggled a bit, “I heard that you viciously attacked and raped poor, little Quil.”

“You better stop talking right now!” Las was moving from annoyed to angry and a rapid pace.

“She was weak and defenseless, but since you are a big, strong Draslin you thought that you could do whatever you wanted,” Nikko was getting much satisfaction watching Las get angry, “You better watch out Ela, you could be next on this Draslin’s list. He’ll do to you --” Lasrik leapt up and punched Nikko in his muzzle causing him to fall off the boat.

“I told you to stop fucking talking!” Las shouted to Nikko as he struggled to swim.

Ela ran to the bow, “Las punched Nik overboard!”

“What!” Kyle, Nikko’s owner, jumped to his feet, “Harv, stop the boat!”

Harvey stopped the boat and Kyle jumped in. Nell ran to the aft section and hugged Lasrik, who had tears forming in his eyes, “Calm down Las, Calm down,” Nell turned to Harvey, “Dad, after they get back on board I want you to bring me and Las to shore.”

He dad did just that when they climbed back on the boat. Nell laid on a towel under a tree. Her pet laid next to her, “What’s wrong with me?” he sniffled.

Nell wrapped her arm around him, “I want you to listen close,” she pulled him right up against her, “There is nothing wrong with you.”

“But everything that I have ever done. I don’t think that what normal pets do,” Las continued to sniffle some.

“Las,” she held her pet tighter, “It doesn’t matter what other pets do, ther is just simply nothing wrong with you. I want you to understand that. Remember what Rathmis told us?” Lasrik moved his head to rest on Nell’s shoulder. He wanted to hear what she had to say, “We are emotional and mental opposites. That does make us different, but it makes us special. But in no way does it make anything wrong with us. And no matter how different we are, I will always love you.”

The pet sighed, “but what I do is wrong. Why do I feel the need to do it?”

“Las, I couldn’t tell you, but I am glad to know that you know its wrong,” Nell looked up at the rustling leaves of the tree she was under. After a few moments of silence between the two, Nell turned to her pet again, “When they get back to the shore I would like it if you apologized to Nikko.”

“If it’ll make you happy, I will,” Las held her tighter and nuzzled his head against her the side of her neck.

“Umm, Las,” Nell stopped him.

“What?” Las looked in her eyes. She pointed down towards their feet, “Uh-oh,” Las saw that he was becoming erect. He rolled over to hide his stiffening length. Nell giggled, “Don’t laugh at me!”

“Oh come on, its kinda funny,” Nell tried to control her laughter.

“Well, they don’t make pants for pets and now my dick is in the dirt,” Las looked at her, she was covering her mouth trying not to laugh, “I’m not joking, its in the dirt and I don’t like it.” Once Lasrik’s erection subsided he cuddled up to Nell’s side again, taking care as not to arouse himself once again.

Nell stared up at the tree think what she was gonna do with Las. She stared for a period of time she could only know was hours. She heard the boat pull up to the access, “Hey!” she sat up.

Las snapped awake, “What? Is it hard again?”

“No,” Nell hid a light laugh, “They’re back,” she helped her pet up, “Kyle,” Nell called out to her cousin, “Bring Nikko.”

Kyle walked over with Nikko reluctantly following behind, “What do you need, Nell.”

“Las has something to say to Nik,” Nell pushed Lasrik towards Nikko.

“I want to apologize for punching you off the boat,” Las said with great sincerity, even presenting his hand for Nikko to shake.

The racaan looked a bit ashamed of himself for provoking Lasrik, “I guess that I kinda deserved to be punched. I’ve been a jerk to you for years and this was something I don’t want to happen again,” Nikko grasped the scaly hand and shook it.



The rest of the week passed and Nell found herself sitting in front of Dr. Rathmis again, “I am assuming that this week went better than last week?”

“Yes, last week couldn’t compare to this,” Nell felt great taking about her pet in such a proud tone.

“Did, your family speak to you about separation?” Rathmis was already busying himself with his notes.

“Dammit! I will not separate from Las!” Nell yelled it just to make sure her point was made.

“Alright then, lets talk about something else,” Rathmis was caught off guard by Nell raising her voice, “Did Las do anything troublesome over the week?”

“I punched Nikko in the mouth,,” Lasrik said it with nearly no emotion in his tone.

“Who is Nikko?”

“My cousin’s pet,” Nell answered.

“Hmm,” Rathmis continued his etchings, “Why?”

“He was rubbing the fact that I raped Quil in my face. I got real angry real fast and punched him right off the boat,” Lasrik told the story.

“How about you Nell? How was the past week on you?” Rathmis looked to Nell.

“I don’t know why, but lately I have been having trouble connecting with others, except for Las. It seems to be getting stronger that way. This week, especially later in the week, I felt horribly awkward around my friends and family, but right with Las,” she looked at her pet when she finished.

“Interesting,” Rathmis scribbled some more down on his notepad, “Has Lasrik shown any signs of attraction to you?”

Nell looked surprised at the question, but answered it, “Yes, at the lake. He was pressed against me and slightly nuzzling the side of my neck and he got a boner.”

Rathmis stopped writing, “Oh really?” Both Nell and Lasrik nodded, “Well I know what this is.”

“What is it?”

“It’s a rare condition called mating. Basically the condition comes from a connection made by the pet and owner that goes beyond the normal pet-owner connection. In other words, you see Lasrik as a companion or boyfriend and he sees you as a suitable mate,” Rathmis explained. Pet and owner remained silent, “Its nothing that either of you should be afraid of. Yes, its quite rare, but both of you should explore this relationship. As far as I know you can’t escape it, and now that I know this separation is out of the question, as it could damage you mentally beyond help. It also explains the rape. Why it suddenly happened. Lasrik did it subconsciously to drive a massive wedge between you and Rylan. He was jealous beyond explanation.”

“You drove me and Rylan apart?” Nell quickly turned to Las, a look of slight anger on her face.

“Now, Nell, you can’t be mad at him, it was done subconsciously. Which is to say that he had no control of it. And trust me, it was for the better of you two,” Rathmis defended Lasrik.

“I guess,” Nell knew she couldn’t be mad at Las, “Also, no one will tell me to separate from Las anymore? Because that was very annoying,” she breathed a sigh of relief.

“I’m still trying to figure this out Doc,” Las scratched his head, “Even though we are different species, not even of the same category, we find each other attractive?”

“Yes,” Rathmis picked up his notepad again, “That is exactly what I am trying to say.”

The session continued on with both patients wondering what the future was going to be like. It seemed both a bit exciting and scary. At the end of the session, Rathmis asked to speak with Nell privately, “Yeah.”

“You know that I would normally call your parents after a session, but this time I will leave it up to you. As far as I know you father’s side won’t have a problem with it. Your mother’s side however,” Rathmis sighed, “it could be bad.”

Nell nodded, “I know, but this is all rather new to me.”

“it may seem scary like this at the beginning, but you and Las should explore it. Go as fast or as slow as you want, just don’t be afraid of it,” Rathmis wanted Nell to be as happy as she possibly could be with it.

“Thank you,” She walked out the door. Las stood waiting for her. She wrapped her arms around him, “I think we’re gonna be alright,” as she held Las in her embrace she could tell that he, like her, was holding back tears. Tears of fear, hope, uncertainty, and joy.
© Copyright 2009 Krarrur (krarrur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565105-Ripped-From-a-Dream-Part-one-Unrevised