*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565248-An-absurd-scenario
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1565248
An absurd scenario for artists
words 424





Writers, painters, musicians, people of all arts, but also those experts in all sciences were gathered in front of the data-printing warehouse.

Barely breathing because of the excitement, some holding flash drives some holding CDs, all were waiting to print their creations, visions, dreams on a sheet embalmed with silicon.  The artists waited patiently in line.  Most of them also secretly harboring the persistent inner desire of transforming the linear parameters they grew up with into some enduring multidimensional binary masterpiece.



The painter needed a new chip for transforming his paintings; something that would give them color bringing them to life and impress or even take admirers by surprise .He also would have liked a higher resolution for his images.



The writer wanted to find two chips with extraordinary binary power .So powerful that his program for writing poems together with the one for writing prose would cross the pedestrian line and emerge into immortality.  He also wished for a higher resolution for his cover, maybe a 32-bit color unit and, wait, some additional fonts to enhance his text.



The composer wanted to add 24 additional channels to his sound card, and the rocker, to add a further 10 decibels to its 20.5 already blusterous and invasive echo harmony.

A group of policemen was also waiting not too far.  And next to them was an armored car with soldiers in it ... The cops were waiting to transfer money from the State Bank to the Ministry of Social Protection .The funds were to finance the  Elimination of Criticizing and  Negative Response project.

In fact, they were just between taking the money and seizing their own chip.  This new digital system they were about to get offered them the opportunity to intercept  brain waves emitted by any offender , somebody  rebuffing  or simply nixing any new art project .It would make the booing rebel  remain in a state of total confusion until the police came to arrest him.



Also, waiting was the General.  He was to replace a defective chip from a nuclear bomb, which failed to explode on the field test.



The data compiler loaded the software waiting in the data warehouse storage, and turned it into a binary script .An electronic robot with laser eyes pushed a button and printed each sheet of silicon coming on the data conveyer.

The smell of freshly printed material gave the General an aura of self-content and the sight of freshly packaged chips produced a satisfied smile on his otherwise barren face.

© Copyright 2009 atlantis (apelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565248-An-absurd-scenario