*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565389-The-Wandering
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Fantasy · #1565389
Miranda Hart's grandpa has been killed, and she has to find out who did it...
Chapter 1
Lady…

“…you gotta be crazy.”
A small frown crossed the lady’s pretty face.
Damn, she’s hot…
“Oh yeah? Well maybe I am…” she said to him.
And right now, Officer Ryan Wintry doubted the sanity of the woman before him, but still, you never called a hot babe crazy.
But the ladies seemed to know when you doubted their mental stability; this particular lady was standing up to leave.
“Okay, okay…look, I don’t know where to find the guy, but go over to the Randy Steer, ask for Eddie Ames, maybe he’ll know.” He told the gal.
Satisfied, the girl walked to the door. Ryan followed that hot ass with his eyes all the way to the hallway, and then thought of something…
“Hey, miss!” he called to her.
She, along with most of the staff in the hallway, looked straight into his office.
Damn.
This was gonna be hard…
“Can I…Can I have your number?” he blurted out.

She couldn’t forget the look on his face as the nearly the whole floor of the police station laughed at him.
Poor guy.
And as Miranda Hart walked out of the police station into the cold New York morning, and onto a noisy sidewalk, filled with the morning commute, all trying to get somewhere, she could still hear the laughter echoing through the corridors.
As she walked on through the crowd, she thought of what she had to do. She pulled out a photo of an old man and a young girl in a rocking chair. It was the sepia the way old photographs look after a long while.
She looked to the horizon, as if she would find her answers there.
For to find the man who killed her grandfather, she would have to find a man…
A man named Verghell North.





© Copyright 2009 Detective Fedora (remihina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565389-The-Wandering