*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565572-Life-in-strife
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Drama · #1565572
A complete short film about what leads Michael to want to commit suicide.
"UNTITLED SHORT FILM"

FADE IN:



INT – BEDROOM NIGHT



MICHAEL has a gun to his head, ready to kill himself. Then slow music starts playing. There is a flashback, to earlier events in Michael’s life. 



INT – DAY – WEDDING RECEPTION



It is Michael’s wedding day. His bride, Julie is dressed in a big wedding dress and he is dressed in a black suit. They are dancing at the wedding reception, they look very happy. They are surrounded by many other wedding guests dancing.



INT – MICHAEL HOUSE – DAY



Julie is heavily pregnant. Michael is touching her stomach, trying to feel the baby kick.



INT – HOSPITAL - DAY



Michael is holding his new born son for the first time. The baby grips his finger with his entire hand.



INT – DINING ROOM – DAY



It is Michael’s son Daniel’s 3rd birthday. He blows out his birthday cake candles. Daniel’s parents, friends, and relatives are sat around the table.



INT – NINA’S HOUSE – NIGHT



Michael is at his colleague Nina’s house. Nina tries to kiss him but he avoids her lips.

NINA

What’s the matter, I thought it was what you wanted.

MICHAEL

No it isn’t. I love my wife. Nothing is ever gonna happen between us Nina. It’s my own fault, I shouldn’t have come here.

NINA

We’ll see how much your wife loves you when I tell her that we slept together.

MICHAEL

      You wouldn’t

NINA

    You want a bet?



INT – SWIMMING POOL – DAY



Michael and Daniel are at a friends indoor pool. Michael is going to teach Daniel, who is now 6, how to swim.



MICHAEL

I can’t believe how big my friend’s pool is. You just wait here Danny, I need to get changed.



DANNY

        OK daddy



Michael exits.



Daniel is running near the pool and falls in. He screams as he struggles to keep afloat in the water. A few minutes later Michael enters and sees Daniel very still in the pool. He jumps into the pool and gets Daniel out. Michael gives him mouth to mouth resuscitation.



INT – HOSPITAL – DAY



Julie and Michael are in a hospital waiting room. A doctor is talking to them about Daniel.



DOCTOR

I’m so sorry, we couldn’t save him.



Julie and Michael begin to cry uncontrollably.



DOCTOR

I’m so sorry. Is there anything I can do?

MICHAEL

      Can we see him?

DOCTOR

      Yes, follow me.





INT – MICHEAL’S HOUSE – NIGHT



It is the same day as the previous scene. Julie and Michael are arguing.



JULIE

It’s your fault that Danny died. Why did you leave him alone?

MICHAEL

I only left him for a few minutes. I didn’t know he would drown.

JULIE

Stop making excuses. My babies gone and it’s all your fault.



INT – MICHAEL’S HOUSE – DAY



Julie: I’m going to a conference in Liverpool next week.

MICHAEL: How long for?

JULIE: For the weekend, so You’ll have to look after Daniel.

Michael: That’s fine.



INT – DAY – OFFICE



Michael has come to Julie’s work place to meet her before she goes to the conference. He has a bunch of flowers for her. Michael sees Julie laughing and flirting with another man called Jake, and he gets suspicious.

EXT – OUTSIDE JULIE’S workplace – DAY

Michael is waiting outside Julie’s workplace in his car. Julie and Jake get into a car. Michael follows them. There is a road sign saying that, ‘You are now leaving Manchester’.





EXT – LIVERPOOL -        NIGHT

   

There are road signs that read ‘Welcome to Liverpool’. Michael sees Julie kissing Jake once they are both out of their car. He drives off so they don’t see him.

INT – MICHEAL’s HOUSE - NIGHT

Julie arrives home. Michael and Julie have a heated argument about what Michael has seen.

JULIE

Don’t pretend you care. I know you’d like to be sleeping with Nina rather than me.

MICHAEL

Nina made that up. I would never do anything with her because I love you.

JULIE

I don’t care any more Michael. I’ve had enough. I’m leaving.



INT – BEDROOM – NIGHT



Julie is putting clothes into a rucksack frantically, ready to leave the house. Michael enters.

MICHAEL

Please don’t go Julie. I’m sorry about everything.

JULIE

It’s too late Michael. I’ve had enough.

She has a rucksack on her back. She pushes past him and leaves the room.



INT – BEDROOM – NIGHT



Michael has put the gun down on the table. He is crying. He picks up his mobile phone and starts dialling.



MICHAEL

Julie, I’m sorry about everything, I hope you can forgive me. Deep down you know that I love you.

© Copyright 2009 beauty86 (cinders86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565572-Life-in-strife