*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565631-The-Gunshot
Rated: E · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #1565631
One event in three different points of view.
Three different points of view:


There was a sharp crack, and I was thrown to the gym floor. I didn’t feel the wood burn my skin, and I didn’t hear the screaming around me. Calmness washed over me as I stared up at the great spacious ceiling. My back spazmed slightly, and I could feel my shoulder blades grow tight and stiff. My eyes flooded with tears, and my vision went white and blurry. A constant sharp throbbing pain sprung in the top left of my torso as a warm wet sensation started down my arm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw his finger pull the trigger. My mind drowned in chaos and panic and my lungs tightened as I saw a black spec fly across the room towards her. She fell backwards onto the floor. The sound of her body against the hard wood made my whole body jump, and I wasn’t even sure she was hit until I saw scarlet oozing down the front her oatmeal colored shirt. I stood in shock, my feet unable to move. Her face was calm at first and so was her body, but it didn’t stop me from feeling sick. But the calmness went as soon as it had came, and her body began to twitch slightly, so slightly you might have not been able to notice it. Her face didn’t look down at her bloody chest; it only stared in horror up at the great roomy ceiling above her. I saw Jacob running in the other direction, and my body surged with adrenaline and anger. Hatred fogged my mind, and I wasn’t able to think clearly. Thoughts ran through my head at rapid fire, and I could feel my legs moving underneath me after him. I would find him, and I would kill him. She sharply inhaled in pain, and I became grounded. I wasn’t armed, and Jacob was. Taylor needed someone, and for all I knew she could be dying. I quickly pushed the thought out of my head. Not knowing exactly what to do, I ran towards her fragile body. I fell to my knees next to her, and gaped down at her wound. Liquid bubbled out of her at a rapid pace, and the hole around the bullet had almost turned black. She was very still, except for her limbs that were shaking uncontrollably. She was still conscious, and seemed to be going into shock. I quickly took off my shirt, balling it up and applying it to her chest. She winced slightly as I applied pressure, and her chest rose and fell as she breathed. She didn’t say a word; she just stared at me with her intense amber eyes. They were sharp, and stood out on her face. I couldn’t think of anything to comfort her. Not a word came out of my mouth. Her eyes never left mine as tears fell down her face. I moved one of my hands from my blood soaked t-shirt to wipe them away, and then moved my hand to hers. She held my hand loosely applying no pressure at all.  Her hands were cold and clammy, and they shook uncontrollably. I looked up around me at the almost vacant gym. Teenagers now began to move towards me, huddling together for protection from the sight of her. Their faces were blank, some of them filled with fear. One girl was on her cell phone talking to a 911 operator, sobing and crying. Her sobs echoed through the room, and I tried to ignore them. My body was suddenly filled with rage as I concentrated on the girl’s loud echoing sobs. Shut up, I thought in my mind. Why did this happen to me? Why Taylor? Why someone I care about?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without hesitation, I wrapped my finger around the cold hard trigger and pulled. I felt the power of the gun push back at me, and I saw what I had done. The bullet entered a girl’s chest, and her body collapsed from underneath her. Time moved slowly as I watched as her face changed from confusion to terror. I looked around at the other teenagers running out of the gymnasium, no one running toward me. One boy caught my eye by surprise. He stood solidly, both his feet planted firmly on the ground. He looked nauseated, his hands clenched into fists. He looked at the girl like she was his own sister, and his dark bangs fell unevenly to the side. I turned to look at the girl on the floor once more, then turned and ran.
© Copyright 2009 lonely_girl (beckham9970 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565631-The-Gunshot