*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1566655-lakes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1566655
all about lakes
Lake Biome Jessica Brewer
the definition of a lake is: a large, deep freshwater body of water. Lakes can be found all over the world. Many different species of fish and birds live in a lake biome. People tend to think that only fish live in a lake , but, they do not think about all the turtles and birds they see. Snakes also live in shallow parts of a lake. Many people also think that seagulls only live by the sea, but, many seagulls are frequently seen by lakes. In this representation of a lake there are: 2 box turtles, 2 seagulls, a muskellunge, a flat head catfish, a black bass, a catfish, a crappie, a carp, a minnow, 4 mussels, a water moccasin, thousands of zooplankton, and millions of phytoplankton (aka duck weed). Lakes have 6 tiers, tier zero is the sun, tier 1 is phytoplankton and plants, tier 2 is zooplankton and small insects, tier 3 is aquatic insects, crustaceans, mollusks, small fish-minnows. And mussels, tier 4 is smaller fishes, tier 5 is predatory fishes, and tier 6 is top predators. Another question people commonly ask is “is the plural for fish fishes, or just fish?” is the answer A: fishes or B: fish……………………….the answer is BOTH. If you are referring to a group of fish the same specie it is fish, but, if you are referring to a group of different species of fish it is fishes.
© Copyright 2009 blondie (blueizeblondie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1566655-lakes