*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1566853-Work-in-Process
by Dawn
Rated: · Fiction · Mystery · #1566853
Cozy Mystery
He slowly poured the oil onto my back as a warm breeze flowed through the open french doors. I listened to seagulls looking for food as waves crashed, and he worked his magic on my tired body. "Senorita", he purred,"your skin is so firm, you must work out every day". "Oh Marco, you know I don't", I giggled like a school girl. As he reached my shoulders, I heard a bird making a odd noise on the beach. I tried to ignore it and enjoy this moment with Marco. "Senorita, the baby is crying". "Baby?, "There's no baby here", I said, feeling confused. "Senorita, the baby", Marco said more urgently. Now I was getting angry. "Marco there is no baby, just an odd bird", I snapped. He shook me firmly and said "Jules, the baby is crying".

I sat up, disoriented, in my bed. Paul, my husband of 5yrs was falling back into a deep slumber while our 2yr old 'baby', Molly, was crying in her crib. No Marco, no beach, no firm legs. Sigh. I heaved myself out of bed, grabbed a baby bottle from the fridge, and rushed into Molly's room, boxes everywhere from the recent move. As I plopped myself in the rocker, Molly content with the bottle I produced, I looked around at my new surroundings.

Three weeks ago we moved to Rockville, MD so Paul could become VP of recruiting for his firm. Not to mention to be closer to his newly widowed mother. All good reasons, I assure you, but I still felt homesick and lost.

Later that morning:

"Jules, do you know what box my ties are in?"
"Did you check the box marked 'Paul's Work Clothes'? I joked sarcasticly."
"Ha, ha, very funny. You're in a mood today. Don't you have that new group today?"
"You mean the playgroup your mom signed me up for? Yeah, but maybe I shouldn't go, there's so much to do around here".
As if on cue, the phone rang. Caller Id stated it was my Mother in Law, again. I let the VM pick it up..
"Good Morning Julia, she said, I just wanted to remind you the palygroup at First Methodist starts promptly at 10, and make sure my little Molly is wearing that outfit I bought from Nordstroms.." I left the room as she went on and on.




© Copyright 2009 Dawn (ddicola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1566853-Work-in-Process