*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567392-No-hope-for-the-future
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1567392
Wrote it while listening to Tupac...weird huh?
There was absolutely no hope for the future. Don't they know what they've become? Here we are innocent men, being hung, by our supposed brothers. Our wives, mothers, sisters, and girlfriends, tangled in the goons arms, frantically screaming and thrashing to free us. We are going to die here today, there's no doubt about it. Our mothers, sisters, girlfriends, and wives will die inside tommorrow and the next day and the next day. What was this all about, was this to put fear in us? This is not how it's supposed to be. Don't they realize what they've become? They've become just like the enemy.They tighten the ropes around our necks and lift us higher and as i blank out, I think my final thoughts. I see my brothers and I planning how when we finally got control, how the world would love us, how we would help it. How wrong I was. The last thing that i saw before i was gone for good, was my son Benjamin, who is entirely too much like me. There is no hope for the future. 
© Copyright 2009 bryttany (donttrustme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567392-No-hope-for-the-future