*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567987-A-Rising-Moon
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1567987
An experiment that proves fatal- Written for Deacon Academy.
6/4/09

         Evening comes, a young man decided he wanted to do an experiment. As the full moon rose, he put on some wolf skin. Waiting for clouds to completely vanished he watched the moon. Then he put down some sticks and started doing a ritual, only to consider it as an experiment. He didn't believe in supernatural creatures until it was too late. He saw his hands transform into claws, hair grew all over. He felt stronger by the second, more powerful. As the full moon rose to its height, he felt his senses becoming much keener. The feeling of the transformation was something he couldn't explain.
         Then came the urge to attack and eat came. He couldn't stop it, he sensed someone nearby. Quickly, he moved, silent as a mouse. The old lady has a sense something was coming. Because of her hesitation, the werewolf knocked her down to the ground, some of his saliva entered into some cuts she had. Hearing someone coming, he turned and left that woman alone as he looked for his new prey. The moon was at its peak in the sky now. The woman felt herself, as did the man, transform into a werewolf, only to follow the same fate.
         Soon the night was done, the sun was rising. Without the full moon, the two werewolves transformed back into human. He heard rumors that the oldest lady died among the towns folk. Remembering last night, he allowed himself to be isolated from the others. No one knew what really happened except for him. Then an older man sat next to him.
         "Hello," the older man said. The younger one didn't answer, he didn't want to answer.
         "It's rumored that there was someone around here lately been shape shifting into a werewolf. Could that be a possibility?" he directed this towards the young man as a conversation starter.
         "Yes. There must be more than being bitten by a werewolf, or cursed by a witch, or even Lycoan himself."
         "It is sad that your brother died."
         "Yes, I do miss him greatly," the young man felt uneasy.
         "Good day to you," the older man said while he left the younger one alone to think for himself.
         After wards the young man claimed the existent of being able to transform into a werewolf just by putting on wolf skin. No one believed him at first. Later on there was a witness who decided he wasn't telling a story after all. With her help, each time there was a full moon, he was locked up until the danger passed. Later they discovered the missing lady was also a werewolf. He admitted to having attacked her one time then was distracted by something much larger. Soon they were sent away to an isolated island far away.
         On that island there was no humans, just small animals. Each time there was a full moon, the werewolves would raid everything they found. One thing they couldn't do was swim. Because of that it was safe for them to be alive while the town they knew was safe, for now.
© Copyright 2009 Angelica- Happy Mothers Day! (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567987-A-Rising-Moon