*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568324-Legends-of-Vampires
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Other · #1568324
Who knows if vampires existed- Written for Deacon Academy.
6/6/09

         This species is considered the most feared supernatural beings of all. Vampires as we know dwells in the dark, unable to handle light. There are ways to recognize a vampire. There are a few powers all vampires possess according to the myths. One of these powers can be merging with the shadows. There are weaknesses as well. One way to keep vampires away is by garlic and other herbs. This won't be effective though if a vampire is immuned. The vampires are the most known and one of the older supernatural beings to exist. Two popular vampires that has been known was Vlad Count as Count Dracula and then the vampire countress from Hungary, Elizabeth Bathory.
         These are things vampires are known for from the legends and myths. They dwell in the darkness, coming out at night and going to places where the sunlight won't find them during the day, exception would be those who became Daywalkers. Those bitten by vampires become vampires. If they don't then their bodies are mulalated. If a corpse is not decayed or has little color, then most likely it is a vampire. Holy water has been known to burn flesh, the exceptions to this is if a vampire had become immune because they weren't afraid. A cross will keep you back as long as you have faith, but even to this some vampires become immune to.
         Here is some powers vampires possess. One of these powers is to merge into the shadows. This is a helpful ability to stalking prey. Another power is to shapeshift. The bats and wolves are the most common to shapeshift into, however sometimes they shift into ticks and spiders as well. Lastly, they also have the power to mesmerize with their eyes, gaining control on that particular victim. These powers are often used to kill due to their uncontrollable thirst for blood.
         Here are the weaknesses of a vampire. Some of them can't enter a home without being invited. This, in some legends, does not include public places. They shun religious symbols. Garlic, mustard seeds, and other herbs kept them away unless they developed immunity towards that. A wooden stake pierced through their heart can kill a vampire, however it is said metal works just as well. Some legends said to permanently destroy a vampire one must not only pierce their heart with a stake but behead it, stuff its mouth with garlic, and then burn the body.
         Vampires are one of the oldest and well known supernatural beings. Some of the standards they go by is dwelling in the night. If a vampire bites its prey upon death then that person becomes a vampire as well. They possess some powers like merging into the shadows and mesmerizing with their eyes. Some of their weaknesses is how to keep away or kill a vampire. All of this can be found from The Writer's Complete Fantasy Reference from the editors of Writer's Digest Books. The two widely known vampires are Count Dracula and Elizabeth Bathory.
© Copyright 2009 Angelica- Happy Mothers Day! (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568324-Legends-of-Vampires