*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568374-My-journey-Home
Rated: NPL · Sample · Inspirational · #1568374
A spiritual novel about the author's life and his advice
My Journey Home.....



I never asked to be born into this world, and yet I had to come three months early. My parents was only teenagers, around I think about 15 years old. Dad was eventually sent off to the Navy. According to Dad, Grandpa thought he enlisted to serve in the Korean and Vietnam war and was proud of Dad. Dad said it was actually because the judge told him to go.



My parents was born in this God awful frozen wasteland that I was also born into. It never seems to be warm here, and every one is in a big hurry. We are a small farm city with very little things to do.



I was born in late November shortly before thanksgiving in 1972. Medical technology was still behind the times. When i was born my fingernails hadn't been all the way developed, and I had a hole in my heart. The doctor had to put me into a incubator to keep me warm.  From what I am told that medical science was in its own infancy of how to care for infants that was born early. There wasn't a whole lot of heart surgeries or other options. Today (2010) there is a lot of options. Surgeries and medical technology has come to a great stand in our community.



Our town used to have about 6 or 7 hospitals in its day. Today it has two major hospitals. The old hospitals have either been torn down or converted into apartments or private homes. This town is wierd, they will even convert an old funeral home into a apartments or houses. Some of them are churches today. The funeral homes claim they was getting too big for their old funeral parlor. I never understood that.



I remained in the hospital for about 4 months. Grandma said I fit perfectly in my mother's arm, elbow to wrist. My mother was so nervous about dropping me, and grandma was proud to have me. Grandpa as much as he put up a fight over Mom being pregnant with me, took a look at me and melted. He even made sure I was ok and as told, would check on me from time to time. He however refused and absoluately would not change any baby diapers or bottle feed me. Grandpa was a former World War II veteran. He was also a railroad engineer. He worked for several of the major railroads until Union Pacific bought him out. He worked for them over 40 years. Never believed in taking one day off. He loved his budwieser. Dad said never take grandpa into a bar because they would get bounced out in a few minutes.



© Copyright 2009 Michael J Meyers (revchad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568374-My-journey-Home