*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569050-Quiz-on-Werewolves
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1569050
As says~ for DA
1. Explain the word lycanthrope. Lycanthrope is another name or else a synonym to werewolf. What are the words origins and explain the myth behind it? It came from Greek and the myth is that since Zeus searched for hospitality from Arcadian King Lycaon but instead caught the trick Lycaon did to kill him then Zeus turned Lycaon into a wolf for the rest of his life as well as destroy Lycaon's palace.

2. Where did the first werewolf sighting take place? The first sighting was around the countryside in a German town called Bedburg. In what year? 1591.

3. Explain who one would become a werewolf by being cursed. If an ill fated man becomes victim of witchcraft or falls under curse of evil spirits.

4. What is the magic salve used to become a werewolf made from? Ingredients of nightshade, belladona, and henbane along with pig fat, turpentine, and olive oil as solvents.

5. Explain the ritual that can be performed to become a werewolf. By locating an isolated place, drawing a big circle, and then in the middle of the circle make a fire, prepare magic ointment, and wear wolf hide, praying to the devil.

6. How would worshiping the devil make a person become a werewolf? Devil can grant the power for the follower to become a werewolf or any evil spirit by devotion.

7. Name another way a person can become a werewolf. Getting bitten by a werewolf.

8. Who was Peter Stubbe? The origin for the werewolf legend, who committed crimes that were beyond compare in savagery, claiming to put on wolf skin to become a wolf.
© Copyright 2009 Angelica- Happy Mothers Day! (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569050-Quiz-on-Werewolves