*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569276-Story
by diane
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1569276
A young girl's mother is a riding accident and is in a coma
(story is not finished. And yes there is supposed to be mistakes. This is a rough draft)

( i am not sure what the girls name is, so i just used Girl. Girl is what the story is about. May is the twin sister.



Chapter One



         The early morning rays streamed through the cracks in the light blue blinds; illuminating the floor in a gold orange.  The large black German Shepherd, asleep on his rug near the bed, stretched lazily and moved his noble head away from the blinding light. Slowly the light followed him and so, giving up the effort to continue his sleep, he yawned showing a mouth full of white pointing teeth.  With a grunt the large black dog slowing made his front legs work then his back. With another grunt he stretched first his front legs far out in front of him and one by one he stretch his back legs.  After stretching his back he turned to the occupant on the douple bed. He put his front paws on the mattraus and licked the girls face, she moaned and burrowled deeper into the blankets. Undetered, he jump up on the bed and used his paws to move the blanket down exposing the girl’s face to his assult. The girl slowing open her eyes and quickly shut them, before they could get sloppered. Laughing she pushed the dog off her bed and reached to pull the blanket back over her face. The dog barked once and Lunched forward and grapped the blanket in his powerful jaws and pulled on it, the girl grapped  it as well, as the dog growled. The girl laughed at his antics. Ever since the dog was a puppy this has been their moring routine. The girl finally flung the blanket back and pulled her legs from under it. Sitting up in bed, she beded the dog on the head. “Good Dog.” she said before getting up to use the washroom.

         A few minutes later, reshreshed and wide awake, she changed into jeans and t-shirt and was just pulling on a pair of socks when their was a knock at her door. And then the doorknob rattled followed by a know-it-all voice.

         “Girl are you up yet? Girl? Did you forget what day it was? Girl? Come on Girl open the door,” pestered Girl’s 13year old twin sister, May. Girl sighed and went to unlock her door and glared at the smilly, perkey eyed twin.

         “What?” Girl sourly asked.

         “did you forget what day it was?” May inquired cheerfully.

         “Obviously if you’re here to annoy me,” Girl grumbled, before finisheing pullilng on her socks while sitting on the bed.



May walked over to the bed and with her right hand on her hip in a pose verry much like their mother used to do when she was exacerbated with one of her 4kids. May didn’t understand her sister atitued. They used to be so close but the mirror image sitting infront of her was a starnger living in hteir home.  Ever since their mom died 6months ago, Girl has been different. Their dad didn’t know, but because They tookt he same classes, Almos the same classes, but Girl was failing classes, skipping school, not riding, which for Girl was a shock. Girl, same as her, was crazy about horses, and wanted to train them just like their mom. But since the accident Girl never went to the barn. Never even rode her horses, unless their dad was around and even then she got one of the younger girls. who groomed horses part time. to untack the horses.

         May knew her sister loved horses just as much as she did, and she hated to amit was also better in school. Getting straight A’s. president of class. Also don’t foret Miss Popular. Can’t forget that. May loved her sister. But lately, May understood that losing their mother was hard. Espicaly Girl who was a lot closer since she wanted to train horses some day, and May was learning pole venting. Jumping. And Dressage. Just like their dad. Well he never did pole venting but he did get silver,



Girl can still picture the last day they spend as a whole family, before her mother was killed…

         Girl had placed 3rd in her class, which to Girl was ok by her. You can’t win them all. Girl liked knowing that she can always inprove her riding, while watching other competirers, and not following their mistakes. While walking to the next arena where her sister, May, was already com
© Copyright 2009 diane (diane85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569276-Story