*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569776-Apocalypes
Rated: 13+ · Other · Death · #1569776
an enjoyable story of how I think the apocalypse will happen, (not christian apocalypse)
The day was starting anew; people were waking up to their lives and preparing for the day. Children would go to school as normal, adults would go to work as normal although the day seemed off, and no one was expecting anything to really happen. There would be no lotteries to win no sports games to witness, except reviews. Nothing of that day could be exciting in any way. However, anyone that actually thought this, would be dead wrong…
The sun cast its light across the vast area of space to earth at exactly 2:57 and 36 seconds pm, and an office worker looks out the window near his cubicle and he wonders about life, about his life, about his family and his future, but not once about how he would die. He remembers that his anniversary is next week and that he needs to ask his boss for a raise so he might get her a gift, and he needs the money for his new baby that is expected in about a month it's his first child and his wife is going in to see the baby on an ultrasound to determine the sex today.
Then the man feels something, the temperature drops just enough to feel it he had been standing in the sunlight to get warm after sitting in the cold space of his cubicle all morning, so he thinks nothing of it until he notices, there are no clouds in the sky to block the sun so he wonders how.
It's too far to see but the sudden drop in temperature is, in fact, caused by something blocking the sun. A colossal asteroid is speeding to earth much faster and with more force than the suns gravity can pull back. The man doesn’t realize, but he has 13 minutes and 34 seconds to say, "I love you" to his wife which if given time would have found out that the baby in her womb's heart has stopped beating, 13 minutes and 34 seconds to ask for the raise he will never receive, and 13 minutes and 34 seconds to fulfill every one of his lifelong dreams before all life on earth is destroyed. The asteroid heading toward earth is roughly 1/20 the earth's size and cannot be stopped…
I suppose I should skip the boring part, but if you must know, the man who works in the cubicle does not call and say, "I love you" to his wife, he does not, he does not ask his boss for a raise, and the man does not fulfill his lifelong dreams…
The asteroid barrels toward earth now, breaking through the atmosphere as if it were a wet tissue, and falls into the west of the Pacific Ocean. The asteroid goes through the ocean at great speed, displacing water, causing a horrific tsunami that plows out in all directions at least 200 feet high. The asteroid doesn’t stop there, it bores through the crust deep into the mantle, propelling debris into the atmosphere. Together, almost at the same time, the tsunami, shockwave, and ever-growing hole in the crust reach Japan at an alarming rate completely vaporizing than sub ducting it until it is nothing. It continues on until it reaches the mass of Asia, dissipating the land with the same shockwave, gaping hole, and now superheated air, the temperature of the surface of the sun, turning humans into carbon statues, fingertips glowing, then a millisecond later, turning the trees, the buildings and everything else into nothing but an unclaimed shadow. All water evaporates instantly, while the beaches and deserts turn to glass. The path of destruction leads to Europe, where buildings catch fire and implode turning to ash. The Americas are all that are left standing but they to suddenly disappear as well with similar effects. The earth is now nothing but a ball of liquid lava floating in space but as you probably don't know, the earth will go back to the planet that sustains life with its natural beauty that we all have come to know and love.
How do I know this?

It has already happened, six times before.
© Copyright 2009 The Apprentice (theapprentice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569776-Apocalypes