*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569974-The-Other-Journal---Disenchanted
by Ditto
Rated: E · Fiction · Friendship · #1569974
My other journal. Second entry.
I was coming back from tutorial, bouncing inside the 145, shafts of sunlight stabbing through the trees blinding me every now and then. Across from me sits a blondie. She had tamed curls, the type of blonde that absorbs the lights and glows. A secret halo glows around her when the light hits it just right. Her eyes glowed too. No shadows in her iris, nothing at all except a crisp sea blue light. That's what her eyes were. Blue rays of light. Long finger nails, but not too long. Painted a matt baby rose colour. She was dressed alright, definitly had newer colthes than me. Black and grey cardigan, with skinny jeans and flippy floppies. All constrast.

I had no make-up on, my glasses once again sliding down the bridge of my nose as we rattle around a bend. I felt sticky with sweat, my hair was lank with a need to be washed. Old blue jeans, oversized shirt and my bag biting into my shoulders. I felt like a million bucks. For sure.

I wonder what I look like to other people? Because quite obviously every time I look in the mirror it is not a novel experience. I look tired, boring dark brown hair, boring hazel eyes. I don't like my nose, my lips are too small. But I could probably go on and on. Nothing I can do to change this face. Not that these things inspire regret in me, I don't try to be negative about it. I just guess I've clued into what others would say lips and noses are 'supposed' to look like.

After finally getting some reading done (a little past midnight, I had been screwing around too long), I sink into a hot bath with Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' 'Shattered Mirror'. I've read this book many times, big fan of vampire books (and this is not Twilight phenomenon, Thank You Very Much). When I'm done getting used to the hot water, scrubbed myself squeaky clean I still step out a little deflated. If anyone has ever read 'Shattered Mirror' they'd know the heroin is a blondie, who is

"well shaped from a high metabolism and a vigorous exercise routine. Her fair blond hair was long, with enough body that it fell down her back in soft waves, and her sapphire eyes were stunning."

-siiiiigh- I mean, really? Really? I just realized last night how many of the vamp books I've read had heroins who were undoubtable better looking than me (Bella, Anita Blake, Turqoise, Sarah,etc etc). And I don't read vamp books to be made to feel unqualified in an imaginary world when I already don't feel that amzaing in this world either. I mean, since when can anyone fully enjoy imagining themselves in a book when the other girl characters look super hot?


.... I should care about my psychology homework as much as I care about the injustices of fantasy novels.





© Copyright 2009 Ditto (ditto13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569974-The-Other-Journal---Disenchanted