*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570059-Working-Title
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1570059
Read and find out the adventures. Constructive criticism please.
Working Title


    I opened my eyes only to see nothing except the dark, inky blackness surrounding me. I blinked rapidly trying to make sure that my eyes were actually open. I yawned despite the fact that I felt as though I had been sleeping for all of eternity. It was when I reached my hands up to stretch and my hands hit something hard that I realized that I was inside of something. A box, maybe? I wasn't sure. I tried to spread my arms out on either side of me and I felt the cool, hard box press against my bare skin. Where am I? I wondered to myself. How did I get here? Despite the circumstances, I was unusually calm. I heard something saying that I would be fine. I wasn't sure where the feeling of comfort came from, but either way I needed to get out of here. I reached my hand up again and felt the box, tracing my fingers along the smooth interior. Then I balled my hand into a fist and punched upward. I ran my fingers along the same smooth surface again and felt a crack in the structure. I began to strike the space above me until I felt my fist break through. When I pulled my hand back inside there was a wet substance that covered my knuckles. I brought my hand to my nose and sniffed. It smelled like the soil that you can get to plant things with. Fertilizer? My eyes grew wide with the next thought I had: Had I been buried alive?
    As soon I unearthed myself from my own personal hell hole, I took a deep breath of fresh air and allowed my eyes to adjust to the darkness looming around me. I sighed then. The sound held more irritation than relief. I still had no idea where I was and it was so dark. My eyes then began to adjust, I could see that I was in the woods somewhere, in a clearing surrounded by very large oak trees. Despite the darkness I could see the trees that must have been at least fifteen feet away from me. I could see the grooves that ran along the side of the trunk. I saw the vessels that ran throughout the leaves that loomed high above me although they were at least fifty feet up. My eyesight was incredible.
© Copyright 2009 ashleekiryu (ashleekiryu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570059-Working-Title