*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570787-Angel-Warrior
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Supernatural · #1570787
Archangel Michael must try to get his old love back. Will he succeed? Or will he fail?
She found him at the corner. He had a cigarette in his hand and as he leaned against the old, bricked building he lit it. “Where have you been?” She asked. If he heard her he didn’t respond. She tried again, “I thought angels weren’t supposed to smoke.” This caused a chuckle.

         “I do a lot of things we aren’t ‘supposed to’ and God hasn’t condemned me yet.”

         “Where’ve you been?”

         “Ask anything else, Kathryn.”

         This pissed the woman off. She detested that name and he knew it. “Where were you when everything was fine! I was all alone! I couldn’t do anything but cry! I watched the world get slaughtered and you just stood by! Where were YOU, after all this time? I waited for YOU! I was waiting for your signal!  You never sent anything!”

         “War is no place for women, Kathryn………”

         “THAT IS SO SEXIST! I was waiting…Hell maybe I’m still waiting…”

         This confused the man. He ran a hand through his long brown hair, slightly agitated. “You’re not making any sense. The battle was over days ago, how could you still be waiting? It’s pointless. It was pure strategy. You were there as a distraction and it worked.”

         “MICHAEL! Everyone died! Our regiments are the only ones left! How is that successful?”

         “We won. Let’s leave it at that…” He looked away.

         Kathryn looked defeated. “I can’t believe I once loved you…” She muttered turning away. She began to walk back toward the desolate town, feeling rejected and lonelier than she ever had in her life.

         Michael was troubled by her last statement, yet there was nothing he could do. He still loved her, yes. But he could not act on his feelings…Orders were orders. He knew everything about that woman, and loved her for it, but he could never tell her his feelings. He went back to his camp feeling like his soul just walked away form him.

         Gabriel noticed right away Michael’s moping as he entered the angelic camp. “What happened? Out of cigarettes or out of women?” He joked.

         Michael just scowled. He didn’t need to deal with this fuckery right now. His heart just got ripped out and Gabriel was making JOKES! He was a man of dreams surely he knew what he dreamed about. Hell, it hadn’t changed ever since he met Katie. He went into the Medical tent. Raphael was working on one of the wounded. “Hey doc, got anything for a broken heart?”

         Raphael sighed, “If I did, Michael, old friend, I would be over-dosing on it…you met her didn’t you.” It wasn’t a question; Raphael knew he had. Michael nodded. “How did it go?”

         “As well as expected…She officially hates me now. I lied to her, cheated on her, and ignored her. It will never be the same between us. It can never be.”

         “All is not lost. There is always next century.”

         “DAMN IT, Raphael! I don’t WANT to wait until next century! By then it will be too late! I need her Raphael…I need her badly. She brings back a part of me I thought long dead.”

         “You think I don’t understand. Come, walk with me.” Raphael said walking out of the tent. Michael couldn’t do anything else but follow the blond. He led him back into the town where the battle was held. Dead daemons and humans lay everywhere. Gabriel and his followers had a busy night ahead. Raphael weaved through all the spirits and to an old apartment building. He flew to the 6th window on the top floor. Michael looked inside to see three women he knew well. One also was the one who held his heart.

         “Raphael, why-” He began but was cut off by the blonde’s look of loathing as his cue to shut up. He did. He watched the women. One with black glasses was getting upset and went out of the room and into the hall. The shortest one was comforting his Kathryn, who was crying. This upset him, had he really hurt her that much? His heart broke at the sight. He looked at Raphael and the blonde angel nodded. He watched the shortest woman leave the room and Michael entered through the window.

         Katie looked up to see Michael, in all his glory. Her memories didn’t do him justice. But then she remembered, she wasn’t supposed to love him. She read that much from his thoughts. “Why are you here, Michael?”

         “I’ve come to apologize. Katie, I love you. I really do. From your temper to your kindness to everyone under your protection. I love you. You’ve helped me find myself. You helped me find me. Please take me back.”

         “Why should I?” She asked, knowing this was too good to be true, “You hurt me, Michael. You insulted me in more ways than one. Why did you do this? Maybe I have moved on. Maybe you took to long to figure it out. I loved you, Michael. But I don’t think I can now. You took too long to find ME, Michael. I’m sorry but I can’t do this.”

         Michael’s world shattered. His legs fell out from underneath him. He couldn’t move. It had happened again. History was destined to repeat itself from his first mistake all those years ago…His heart will always leave him. He’s always too late. He will never be found and neither will she…



© Copyright 2009 Future_Best_Seller (mangageek94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570787-Angel-Warrior