*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570796-Revised-Narrative-Essay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lady
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1570796
A good career choice that can beat the economy
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Lisa Baker-Sampson
                                                                                                              ENG 111
                                                                                        Revised Narrative Essay
                                                                                                                6/12/09

                            A good career choice that can beat the economy
    Due to the high and constant demand for medical attention these days, Medical Assisting is the best career choice in this economic state. Medical Assistants are not licensed professionals, therefore they are required by law to work under direct supervision of a licensed physician, registered nurse, or other certified professionals in that field whenever they provide hands-on patient care procedures. I can see myself sitting in an office and the phone rings. I answer it saying, “Good morning, Dr. Weber’s office. How may I assist you today?” as I grab a yellow pencil and a legal pad of paper off to my left and start taking information.
    It all started when I met my husband Tim. All I could remember saying to myself was “He’s too cute and down to earth to be single, yet I feel as if, already, he could be the one who completes my daughter and I’s life”.  A few days after we met, he was able to obtain a good paying job through a temporary service and was hired on through the company within 90 days. He’s now been there well over a year.
    I later was also able to obtain a job through the same temporary service, working at the same company and same hours as Tim, so we were able to save gas and time.  We were doing great. Tim and I were saving money and planning for our wedding in December when I got laid off in October. I remember crying and Tim saying to me, “Honey, we’ll be just fine. At least I still  have my job to support us”. I drove home , grabbed my soggy, wet newspaper from my driveway, sat on my dull, tan couch, and started looking for another job. Later that day, while watching television, I had seen an advertisement for Beckfield College Medical Assisting
Program. That’s when I decided to follow one of my passions. In an instant I was dialing theirnumber.
    A man named Rob was the receptionist that day and enrolled me. We were both in agreement that the economy today is more challenging and jobs are scarce. Rob said to me “The medical field is a great career choice because of the high and constant demand for medical attention every single day”. In response to him I stated “I absolutely agree. It’ll be a great benefit as well as an asset to my family and I. It also fits into my life’s schedule perfectly”. Rob welcomed me to Beckfield, congratulated me on my enrollment, patched me through to Joe, who assisted me in completing my paperwork, and here I am.
    As a student at Beckfield , I look forward to meeting the teachers and students as well as getting to know them as individuals. I am curious as to how our bodies work and the different tools and procedures used every day in the medical field. I am also excited about becoming a Medical Assistant because of the bonds I know I will have with the patients. For me to be able to meet with them, answer any questions they may have, ease their minds  as well as comfort them is a great feeling to endure. I can go home each day with a smile on my face and one thought on my mind, “I helped someone today”.

 
© Copyright 2009 Lady (lisa_baker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570796-Revised-Narrative-Essay