*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570833-Life-is-a-Journey
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1570833
a moral fable
A long time ago there was a kingdom of squirrels.  In this kindom lived Chit-Chat and Terra.  They were best friends but very different.  Terra loved to take her time and make sure everything was in place and planning the events to come.  She lived her life slowly and enjoyed scenery and weather.    While Chit-Chat lived his life always running and never stopping for a breath or a break.  Never planning for the things that he had to do.  He ran his life in the fast lane and never slowed down. Racing through life like it was a competition. 

One day Chit-Chat asked Terra why she seemed to always be happy and she had everything that she wanted. A mate, a home, a good stoage of food, and a high rank at her job. He was upset and perplexed that he couldnt find out what it was that gave her a wonderful life.  She replied to him that it was simply taking her time and planning that helped her.  Chit-Chat didnt understand.  He had always lived his life doing things quickly and never planning; that was all that he was used to.  He didnt know how to slow down but he was miserable and didnt want to live his life alone.  He asked her for help from Terra.  She smiled at him and told him everything that he should do.

A couple of weeks later Chit-Chat came back to Terra.  He was overjoyed by how he was living his life.  His position in his job skyrocketed and he got a girlfriend.  In a few more weeks he would be getting a bigger home.  He thanked Terra for all that she helped him with.  He would never forget her and her words of wisdom "Life is not a race. It is a journey. "
© Copyright 2009 Abigail Isis (tabby_nicole at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570833-Life-is-a-Journey