*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571052-Born
Rated: · Short Story · Emotional · #1571052
Ever wished you were never born?
Yesterday i was asked to say one word that described me, i chose misunderstood. My therapist just looked at me, blankly. She thinks she understands me completely. She's wrong, completely wrong. Nobody understands me, nobody could. Im not who i appear to be, i have multiple faces. When you look at me you will see a happy little girl who seems to have everything. A perfect life, a perfect face, a perfect everything. Thats my false face, the one most people see. Then there's the face with sadness written all over it, tears burning at the skin, nails thrashing at the veins. Thats the real me.
For the past three years i have been living a lie. Every smile i make, every laugh i let out, everything. What is the point of living if your just a big ball of lies? There isnt one. Thats exactly how i feel. Thats why im standing here on this ledge tonight. With the wind blowing across my face, blowing away any life i once had. Its the first night in weeks that the stars are out. I dont think i have ever seen them this bright. Shining, gleaming with every speck of life they have.
© Copyright 2009 Ashlyn Clark (luvinlfe2009 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571052-Born