*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571232-My-perception
by Rachel
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1571232
Introduction. This sets the plot and describes a life of a female.
My family and I had come to the conclusion that my mother had a borderline personality disorder. Being the youngest and only daughter, she had the tendency to take her issues out on me. She constantly unleashed her deep fears as a vulnerable, weak female. She was in a world of her own. Constantly victimizing herself.

Over the years, her treatment made me quite isolated. While growing up in school she would make comments such as "Don't ever mention this because I don't want people knowing about our problems". She made me feel guilty about expressing myself, especially if it was about her. Her insecurities were constantly gushing out in every situation. One in particular was her distrust with men.

***

My second boyfriend. My first love. My emotional maturity and realization on the extents to my mother's wisdom on men.

It all began on my first job interview, I had recently graduated from highschool. My nerves were exploding. I had butterflies in my stomach, I was stuttering, chewing my nails. I was sitting in a waiting room with a group of women, the air was thick and the atmosphere was incredibly awkward. Suddenly a man wearing a complimentive suit came in and called the names "Layla, Victoria and Jenny, come through". I heard my name and I took a deep breath, stood up and tired to walk as elegantly as I could in my black 6inch heels.
© Copyright 2009 Rachel (rachelgibbings at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571232-My-perception