*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571362-I-saw-Jesus-today
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1571362
A Life Changing Experience

I awoke angry today. The more the day went on, the angrier I got. Joe was only home for the weekend. He got home Friday evening and would be leaving again, on Sunday afternoon. He decided to his only day home, doing yard work. I thought he should spend it with me. As the day went on and I found out he had done something I asked him not to do, I got even madder. I started to pack my bags and leave, but we were living in my house. I proceeded to tell him he needed to leave, but he just ignored me and kept mowing the lawn. That was it! I went into my closet and pulled out the baseball bat and tried to smash the lawnmower, swearing and cursing the whole time. As I proceeded to swing the bat, Joe grabbed it from my hand. at that moment, I realized that I had inadvertently welcomed Satan into my body.

I ran to my bedroom and prayed to Jesus to save me. "Please take the devil out of me!". Then I heard a voice, letting me know my body was going to go into convulsions.
I grabbed my Bible, and holding it tight, I lay down on my bed. Suddenly I saw Jesus, and my body started to convulse, as though I were having a seizure. I could not breathe. I was gasping for air and then quit breathing altogether, for about 2 - 3 seconds. When I started breathing again I was calm. Then suddenly I really saw Jesus. He was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen.He was glowing and his hair was flowing in the light that surrounded him. He was nothing like the pictures I had seen.

I have tried in the past years to describe him, but could not. I felt so at peace and glorious. Nothing could compare to what I felt. there was an inner peace, that unless you have experienced it, you can never understand.

He said to me "rise up" which I did. "Now go tell Joe, what has happened." This I also did.

Joe was really mad, but he listened. He has always been a very religious man and was excited about what had happened to me, even though he was not happy with me.

Everyday when I closed my eyes, I saw the Cross. Jesus told me my story deserved to be told. I told a couple of people, but I just wasn't strong enough in my new life to tell everyone.

It's been a few years now and somewhere I lost that since of peace. the anger came back, but not as aggressively. Things started falling apart for me and Joe. I started reading my Bible again. Not that I had actually stopped, but I had stopped making time. I started watching DayStar on TV, and that was my Church. As my job prevents me from being able to go to Church. I asked Joe to watch with me. "just a half hour every Sunday." (Joe was raised in the Catholic Church.)

I began to type words in bold lettering and post them on the refrigerator. "Patience" and "Do not Judge" then I found a verse from the Bible that hit home for me: Mathew 5:22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without cause shall be in danger of Judgement." I added this to my fridge along with this quip from Joel Olsteen: "This is the day the Lord has made and I'm going to be happy. I'm going to enjoy this day. I'm going to go out and be productive. I'm going to be a blessing to somebody, and this is going to be a great day in my life." Joe began to be more open to my way. He began to help himself, and to listen if I tried to tell him something I had read, that felt pertained to him. He would then read it or if it was short, let me read it to him.

We both began to grow in the Lord, which has brought us closer together. We read Bible passages to each other. We discuss things we hear on the radio or TV.
We have finally realized: " That to have a good relationship we need to be closer to God!" God has got to come first, then each other!

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses
© Copyright 2009 Annette Goldenrod (raceygirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571362-I-saw-Jesus-today