*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571912-Liquid-Lightning
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Death · #1571912
Energy Drink and the effects.
I'm so friggen tired!!

I am sitting at the computer table, looking at the screen, reading some random guys stories. My eyes flicker around the screen, every movement drawing energy from me. I need something to wake me up. I look towards the fridge, wondering if there is anything in there. My brother has a can of Demon, half drunk, I wonder what it tastes like. I have only ever drunken one bottle of energy drink in the 16 years of my life. I was super hyperactive for at least 6 hours. I do not want to go through the crash that came with it again. But I also want to finish reading this guys story. 'What the Hell, it's not gonna kill me.' I think, so I walk over and take it.

I put the can to my lips, and pour the liquid down my throat. It's like lightning, and it scares me. But it's so good. I drink it all. I see the world differently. I look into the can, there is still a drop left. As I stare at the droplet of liquid lightning, it changes colour. 'Is this supposed to happen?' It's getting bigger now, it's refilling the can. It's pouring out the top. It's splashing onto the floor. The room is filling up with the drink. 'I'm pretty sure this isn't meant to happen.' I am swimming. Swimming in energy drink. 'How strange.' I see a fish swim past. "Hey Fishie" I say, swimming after it. I dive under the surface, following the fish. It swims into a cave, and I follow. It's swimming upwards now, up and out of the water. 'Flying Fish.' I climb out of the energy drink. I am standing in a feild. I turn around, the liquid has disppeared. There is a noise behind me, I turn towards it. A battle is taking place. Swords and Spears are flying everywhere. As is blood and guts. My clothes feel heavy. I look down, I am wearing armour. I have a sword in one hand, and a sheild in the other. 'What am I doing with these?' I feel the strong urge to kill. I spot a man, and this is the man I pick. I cannot help myself, his head just slices off so easily. His eyes are open as his head hits the ground. He has dark brown eyes. Gorgeous dark brown eyes. I stare into them. His lifeless eyes stare back. They grow bigger, bigger and bigger till they cover his head. They grow bigger still untill a whole patch of ground is just black. The black takes up the world, untill I cannot see anything else.

Blinding white light. I creak my sore eyes open. My head is resting on the computer desk. I had fallen asleep.
© Copyright 2009 Captain Raison (captainraison at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571912-Liquid-Lightning