*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572247-The-Council-of-Silence
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1572247
It is a writting about politics/whatever you want it to be.
The Council of Silence

Gathered together centuries ago, in order to judge on issues of woe, the council was created to disband all foe.

The council was nine and from all corners of the world. Their members were chosen as the best of their kind and needed no names for their appearances were their tittles and symbols of their origin. Gathered around an opulent table they stood to deliberate the matters of the world. One was a hound with skin of grey and retaining one eye. Each breath he took filled the air in a cloud of smoke. Another was a serpent with shifting skin and organs that glowed in amber and gold.

Gathered together centuries ago, in order to judge on issues of woe, the council was created to disband all foe.

Yet another was made of ice and molten rock, and had eyes the color of coal and a maul in one hand and a claw for the other. Across from the large mass of ever-altering states stood a bird with wide spread wings of olive and tan, and a beak of dull chrome. Two more members came from lands close to each other. One was draped in a robe of jade and resembled a sea dwelling creature with many arms. The other was a bear with the mark of a star on his forehead and a paw of fire. The last three were made of glass, bone, and reeds and were the youngest of the nine.

Gathered together centuries ago, in order to judge on issues of woe, the council was created to disband all foe.

Issues arose and conflicts were fresh, many topics and dilemmas were brought before them. War, famine, strife, and destruction were all brought up for debate and deliberation. Each stood and stared. Eyes wandered from one to the other. No words were said, no sounds were uttered. The issues fell on the chests of the elite of the masses and all they could do is stand. A fist, a claw, a tentacle and a paw all were pointed across the jeweled table and yet no action or decision of merit was made. In the end, the issues of war, poverty, famine, and strife remained the same.

Gathered together centuries ago, useless to judge on issues of woe, the council was helpless to disband all foe.
© Copyright 2009 Immortal Thought (immortalone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572247-The-Council-of-Silence