*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572648-OConnor-Media-Release
Rated: E · Other · Entertainment · #1572648
Stuart O'Connor previously published media release written by Jeni Schroff.
London’s leading progressive folk musician to launch a six-week New Zealand tour starting in December
He’s been spreading the folk gospel in the UK for years, and to celebrate the release of his second solo album, London’s own Stuart O’Connor is New Zealand-bound for a six week tour, beginning in December of this year.
Stuart found his start as electric guitarist and vocalist for three piece progressive rock ensemble My Pet Junkie, which he has toured and played with for eight years, predominantly throughout the UK along with the group’s two other members, Julia Bell and Liam Camfield.
The year 2006 saw Stuart making waves as a solo musician with the release of his first solo album Autonomous Debut, featuring 16 tracks of folk and blues-infused songs with highlights from a range of guest musicians. The album landed Stuart in the forefront of the modern progressive folk movement, while providing a fresh face to the grass roots inspired sound prominent since the folk music genre found its start.
Autonomous Debut was described by 2BOB.co.uk as “Gentle, powerful, uplifting…quite simply a stunning debut” and “Wake Up Call” from the record was chosen as Single of the Week by Lemrock.com.
Stuart completed a two year Automomous Debut Tour, playing 450 shows, including 52 shows in Australia and New Zealand, as well as a supporting Ocean Colour Scene at a number of venues.
Since releasing his second solo album The Distance From Here this year, the fusion folk singer is heading to New Zealand to promote the album described as “more aware” with elements of jazz, folk, rock, fusion and hip-hop, illuminating the beautifully complex and progressive sound Stuart has become known for.
His latest album features 13 tracks of emotion-packed, complex and moving songs, showcasing exactly how far this incredibly talented musician has come.
New Zealand audiences wont want to miss out on the opportunity to see one of London’s leading folk musicians on his way up. After the last few years of intense touring, Stuart is anything but a stranger to the stage and those coming along to his shows will be in for an evening of incredibly soulful, folk-inspired music that will appeal to anyone from blues and jazz fans to downbeat rock and hip hop enthusiasts.
You wont want to miss Stuart O’Connor as he visits New Zealand for the second time on The Distance From Here Tour.
http://www.myspace.com/stuartoconnor



© Copyright 2009 Jeni N Schroff (jeni.schroff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572648-OConnor-Media-Release