*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572671-Curses
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1572671
Don't take what's not yours... or else...
In 1989, a science group of four young Americans made an extendended tour of archaeoligical excavations in Eygpt. One evening in a bar, they met an fifty looking English antiquites dealer who engaged them in a lively conversation about some artifacts he had acquired over the years.

"In fact," said the dealer, "I've just purchased an exquisite sarcophagus that contains the intact mummy of a princess of the Fourteenth Dynasty. It's the crown jewel of my collection. Would all of you like to see it?"

They agreed.

"Please come to my warehouse tommorow morning about nine," the dealer said.

At exactly nine o' clock the next morining, the dealer met the four travellers on the narrow street outside his warehouse.

"Good morning!" He said as he shook each man's hand.

"You're very punctual." Then, drawing a key from his pocket, he unlocked the warehouse door and threw it open.

"Please come in", the dealer said.

The dealer led the the young men through a labyrinyh of wooden crates to a room at the rear of the building. Inside, standing upright in the middle of the small room, was the princess' sarcophagus. It was eight feet tall and inlaid with gold and semiprecious stones. On the lid was a protrait of the princess herself, her face serene and lovely. And her eyes wide open as if she were alive.

"She fantastic," one of the young men said

"Yes she is, isn't she?," said the dealer.

For the next hour, the five men examined the sarcophagus closely. The dearler read the inscriptions for them and even opened the lid so his visitors could examine the mummy of the princess. Then, one of the Young men came forward and cleared his throat and said,

"Would you.... have you... considered selling the sarcopagus?"

The dealer seemed taken aback by the sugeestion. But now, all four of the young men pressed him to sell it. After some negotiation, the men settled on a price, ten thousand dollars. The four each wrote the dear 2,500 dollars each and asked to be packed up and sent to their hotel room that evening as they were planning to begin their journey back home to the United States the next day.

"Before we go our seperate ways," the dealer said,

"I should tell you that the mummy has a powerful curse left on it. I could rip up the checks and we can go on like this never happened"

One of the gentlemen smiled and said "Thank you, but none of us believe in superstition"

Late in the day, the packing cate containing the sarcophagus arrived at the hotel. The group met in the bar before going to bed. One of the men had to retreive something in their hotel across the street. They waited for him all day. They went to their hotel rooms and he was no where to be found. At last, they called the police for a missing persons report. They were told that as he was walking across the street, when he was hit by a passing truck and died instantly.

From that moment, trouble seemd to haunt the young travelers. One was shot accidently in the right arm when he dropped his suitcase full of rifles. Although he had recieved medical attention, his arm became too infected and had to be amputated.

The third man in the foursome on his return home found out that he had went bankrupt.

The fourth man had caught a rare cancer that no doctor could treat.

Remembering the dealer's warning, the surviving travellers put the sarcophagus on sale. It was quickly bought by a museum curator. Soon the curse struck agian. Several workers were injured in a accident while moving the sarcophagus into the museum. Two days later, the entire museum burned to the ground. Everything was destoyed except the sarcophagus.

Soon, the sarcophagus made national news after it was being shipped cross country, but was involed in a deadly car pileup. But the sarcophagus remained intacted.

Soon, a photographer took a picture of the sarcophagus, but was shocked to see a devil looking figure in the film instead. He was so terrified, he locked himself in a room and shot himself in the head.

Soon, the sarcophagus was locked up in safe storage in a New York City building basement. But was moved to Boston when it fell over (Unscaved) and killed the owner.

A priest tried to preform an exorcist over the sarcophagus, but suffured a seizure and died instantly while preforming it.

12 years had passed and the cusre of the evil sarcophagus terroriozed and haunted numerous people who were involved with it. Finally, it was shipped on a plane from Boston to Los Angeles. The date was September 11...

© Copyright 2009 Brian Miller (lazyteen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572671-Curses