*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572861-The-Uncanny-Walk
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Family · #1572861
The only friend you need in your life is Jesus.
The Uncanny Walk

As I was walking a chill came over me, my mind confused and lonely I met Satan and I asked him to walk by me. I needed conversation, I needed just to speak, he was there and sometimes that is how life is gonna be. We spoke for many hours: many this and many that's and he kinda convinced me my heart he wouldn't take. We laughed about my sins and how adultery was okay as long as no one knows, I felt his cunnings ways but yet I let it go.
Satan spoke about the things that brought pain into my life and painting pictures of my dreams way up upon the sky. “I can give all those dreams if you just believe I can”...but as sure as he was speaking Jesus grabbed my other hand. I listened in silence and got the courage to ask, “if you are so powerful than why do you have to ask?”
His laughter roared out like a lion, his sneered just like a cat....but it didn't scared me a bit because I knew where my mind was at.
About an hour later I said I had to go, “but where?” he asked politely, and added, “this is where you belong”
“Oh no you are mistaken my life belongs to Him, and just because I gave you a little of my day, you're not having it your way!”
The other day I encountered Satan and with a smile I said “ you are blessed, you're still around with the privileged to roam the earth”. “You see your Father doesn't hate you He doesn't know how so He lets you pick on those that truly love Him so, now you have the nerve to stop me and try to entice me with your charm, I rebuke you Satan, cause you're here to cause me harm”
Then I looked up at Jesus and open up my mouth but the words wouldn't come out. He held my hand with a tighter grip and said “with you I'm truly pleased”
“The devil has no place here, the devil has to go” He asked me, “ how do you know that”
And with a glow around me I answered:
“because You told me so”
Today this is my story tomorrow maybe yours, but remember one thing is for sure,
when you are feeling lonely or simply want to speak, you have three choices...Him(LORD), His(JESUS) or He (HOLY SPIRIT).
So if your walking all alone and by change you feel a chill, Pay close attention to your heart, walk with Him who died for you and from you will not depart.
Oh, before I forget thank you Jesus for taking the time to hold my hand, because knowing you were beside me I knew my spirit he couldn't bend.
Next time I see Satan I'll just look the other way......my eyes are focus on My Lord until my dying days.

By: Toni Love
© Copyright 2009 tonilove (tonilove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572861-The-Uncanny-Walk