*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573806-The-Waiter
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1573806
Learning the art of resignation and unconditional love and letting go
The Waiter

I spent my life waiting for your smile
Waiting to see your face thru the reflections of my eyes
And trying to understand the reason that made love you so much
I waited for your smile to lighten up the darkness of my existence and to take away the shadows of my reality
I looked, and followed your spirit thru the wind, and sent you my tears throughout the scents of flowers

Reality brought me to your eyes and I learned that kisses were not promises and that my feeling and yours were not guaranteed of love. My eyes floated with the river of the truth. It was true you were gone from me and were not due to returned.

Our paths were taken apart because my pathway was longer than yours. So many lives, so many feelings who could resist and sustain the pain of immortality

How many times have I let go? How many times have I been sealed with the final breath of a farewell, and pushed away. It was then when I realized that you were never mine that you were not here to stay Your presence was only temporary, and it was your destiny to vanish away from me; like a shooting star fade away in the never ending sky.

My eyes opened. My spirit understood. And then, I kept only the memories of how gentle was your stay You strolled out of my life unsoiled and genteelly.

Your departure did not disturbed; did not make noise; never forced in, never forced out. And it was then, that I only understood the reason that made me love so much, because it was your sensible way of approaching what make me like you and finally your gentle way of leaving what made me love you. I waited for your to come, I waited for you to leave and I wait not longer for your return.
But I always wait…

© Copyright 2009 Ozzie Boves (ozziem2k at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573806-The-Waiter