*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573953-My-Surprise-Wedding
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1573953
Story of my real wedding. This is my first attempt at writing.
I was introduced to my husband by my parents 4 years ago at of all places the Moose Lodge. He asked my Mom and step-fathers permission to ask me out.  I have never had that happen in all my life. He was very  polite, handsome and spoke with a French Canadian accent (which I found very sexy).  He was much younger, but what the hell, one date, what would it hurt.

He was so romantic, funny, confident and spontanious. He was very attentive to me, and he actually like to talk (allot). Something I was not acustomed to in my previous relationships.  From the first date we were inseperable.

Six months or so into the relationship, we were already living together and he asked me if I would marry him, I replyed "maybe someday". I was not totally confortable with the marriage thing yet, but he cooks, cleans and does laundry too.  Wow, this is the perfect man.

At the time everybody we knew was interfering in our relationship, from his parents to our best friends. they were saying the age difference is to big, he will never stay with you, the two of you are too different, he is a partier and loves to drink, your a home body who does not drink or like to party, this will never work.  It was very frustrating for both of us starting out, because we had a great time being together and were in love.

One day he asked me if I wanted to show everyone we were serious about each other and go get a marriage license. He said it's good for 6 months and if we decide to get married in that time we can if not then we won't. I said OK and we went to the courthouse. The clerk told us that there was a 3 day (buyers remorse) hold on the license but anytime after that we could marry. That was on a Thursday afternoon.

By the time the waiting period of 3 days was over, he had planned a "SURPRISE WEDDING" . He only told 3 people about his plan and I was not one of them.

The following Tuesday he told me we were going out for a special dinner at the Melting Pot, but we needed to stop at my parents house first to pick up some paperwork from my Step-Father.

We arrived my parents house, I sat on the couch to talk to my Mom, when I heard a knock at their front door and in came my friend,  her husband and my boyfriends parents. My friend stepped over to me and announced that they were all here for a Wedding!  I looked at them in total confusion and asked who would be getting married here and laughed?  She said you are. I froze, my mother freaked out with excitement.  In my mind i'm thinking, this has got to be a joke.  We only decided 4 days ago to think about a wedding within 6 months.

My boyfriend then returned to the livingroom and took my hand and lead me out back to the pool area, followed by everyone else and my mother the whole time asking if I wanted to put on her wedding dress because it was not right to get married in jeans. It was rather commical to say the least.  My friend performed the ceremony.  Every photo from the wedding shows a very stunned bride and an overjoyed groom, because he had pulled off a perfect "Surprise Wedding".

May 2nd was our 3rd anniversary.

© Copyright 2009 Idle Thoughts (selania at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573953-My-Surprise-Wedding