*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574143-Resident-Evil-Zero
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dan
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1574143
A Fanfic based on Capcom's game.
All Characters, Creatures, and Locations are property of Capcom with the exception of my character invented for this fanfiction. Any similar work to this one existing is purely coincidential


My Place in Resident Evil

Prologue
From the Start

         I suppose it would be best to start from the beginning, after all nothing would be explained if I didn’t. Just then I was called to the meeting room, Wesker was there awaiting our arrival. Jack Krauser, Ada Wong, and myself, we were all ready to hear what Wesker was going to brief us on, in Three weeks we would be infiltrating a Spanish cult group, Krauser was the first to go in, if there was any trouble , Ada was next in line to go, if both of them were unable to complete their mission in the allotted time frame, I was to go in and retrieve the sample myself, and get their asses out of there.
Its been Six years since then, things have changed… but, I cant forget what went down then. But before the mansion there was Wesker, Birken, and myself, the real stars of Umbrella. When I first arrived at the training facility, Wesker and Birken were already the next in line for managerial status, I met Wesker first, he in turn introduced me to Birken. I quickly, and for the sake of my own survival, became a favorite of the delirious Facility Director… Dr. James Marcus.

         This and my friendship with Wesker and Birken, is what was a primary reason that I, unlike  the other unfortunate candidates, did not wind up in the good doctors experiments. It was only a year later, that I met Spencer, he had called the facility and requested a meeting with Wesker and Birken, and strangely enough, he wanted me to be present at this meeting as well. When I arrived, I was greeted by Spencers usual hospitality, in our meeting he gave us a secret order, to kill Dr. Marcus, afterwards we would, along with the T-virus research , be transferred to the mansion labs. 3 days later… Dr. Marcus was killed, the facility closed and we were indeed transferred to the Arklay lab. I was amazed at the architecture of this magnificent building, the labs were even more interesting. I saw the female specimen for the 1st time, unlike the others at the time, I felt that at some point in time, this specimen would be an important advancement in the T-virus research. Two years passed…. During this time I  assisted  in the successful creation of the MA- 121s. After this I was transferred to the Sheena Island facility, under the requests of Commander Vincent. I spent a year and a half there, during which I derived a method of extracting seriotonium  from the brains of our human victims, in order to increase, or mass produce rather, the creation of the T-103s. Also known as Mr. X in some circles. After my time there, I received a message from Rockfort Island, Mr. Ashford was requesting help in the creation of a new virus, his daughter and son were assisting in this experimentation.

         I went with the blessing of the commander and started research on what was to be called the T-Veronica virus, it had a unique combination of genes taken from an ant queen mixed with plants in a way. This was the first time I met Alexia, for a young woman she was quite beautiful. She was also a genius. 4years later…. By this time I had completed my research on the t-veronica, due to misfortune at the labs,  Alexander and Alexia were both killed, I was transferred back to the Arklay lab, there I met Wesker for the first time in ages, he told me that he had setup my transfer to the information bureau with him. I didn’t dare ask why, but the look in his eye told me it was for the better, a year passed, and we both met the mysterious Jon, the man was suspected of leaking information, I had little doubt of this, but it was not my problem, Wesker and I had been planning this for years. Now that he was a STARS captain, and I, one of his subordinates, we were planning to not only gain immortality, but also destroy Umbrella, and join hands with one of their competitors, and make billions.

Chapter One
1998

         We’d received horrible reports of cannibal slayings in the Arklay mountain range, STARS had been called in to investigate. Wesker was sending in Bravo team first, 2 days before the mission would begin, he swapped me with Joseph Frost and placed me on Bravo team, he then told me that he wanted me to handle the collection of Bravo teams combat data with the BOW.  The next night, the night before the mansion incident, we received a the orders to go and find the missing hikers that had disappeared in the forest in the mountain range, Bravo team was sent to investigate. 2hrs later… we were flying over the forest zone searching for the missing hikers, I had slipped the small detonator in my pocket of my combat vest, yesterday wesker gave this to me and told me that a small explosive device had been implanted on the engine and I was to detonate it once we were near the target location.

         Most of the other team had shotguns and their standard 9mm’s. I on the other hand, had my standard, but aside from it, I carried an Smg 9mm, with 3 clips 50 rounds each, 4 including the one already loaded, and my custom Desert Eagle, with 3clips 13 rounds each, a 4th already loaded into the gun itself. I also carried 2 flash and napalm grenades and my trusty combat knife. My uniform was similar in style to that of Weskers and I had a receiver mike in it as well. As we neared the forest zone, I looked around at the pathetic members of S.T.A.R.S. I noticed all of them staring into darkness, anticipating the upcoming battle, all save the rookie who was blankly staring out the window. I noticed our location, and detonated the bomb. The chopper spun out of control, our pilot yelling emergency landing! After we landed, Enricho asked if everyone was okay, he grabbed my shoulder upon exiting the chopper. “Look after the rookie” he said. “Alright everyone, spread out and secure the area”, he then proceeded to assign groups of 2 and we all went our separate ways.

         I followed Rebecca closely, not letting her out of my sight. While we walked through the cold night, she stopped suddenly, “what’s that”? “What’s what”? I replied, she pointed to a downed military vehicle, I called for help immediately, soon everyone was there. Lieutenant Coen scheduled for execution, Enricho took the papers from her young hands, “all right everyone separate and survey the area, our enemy is relentless so watch your step”. I followed Rebecca once more, this time however I noticed the metal before she did, I pointed at it, “what’s that”? “A train”? she replied. I then said, “go toward it, I’ll cover you from here”, as she proceeded toward it,  I patched in a call to wesker via my portable radio, “Wesker come in!”, he replied on the other end, “what is it”?, “I found the train, it’s a bit off the coordinates of where we thought it was but I found it.” “Good”, he replied “you know what to do then?” “Yes sir! Over and out!” I replied. Rebecca motioned for me to follow her, so I did, we entered the train. It was dark on board, papers scattered everywhere, I pointed in the direction of the next passenger seating area and told Rebecca to go that way, I went the other way, just as I discovered the door on the other side was locked, I turned around to notice a peculiar figure stand up just after Rebecca went through the door. “Zombie?” I thought. Suddenly, Rebecca’s scream pierced the dead silence of the trains compartments, I rushed to aide her. I found her quickly, she had dispatched one zombie, killing the other after I entered the room, she was trying to reload when the 3rd grabbed her, I rushed forward grabbing the zombies shoulder and pulling it back, I put my hand on the back of its wet, greasy head and pulled it back, It turned suddenly and lunged for me, only to be stopped by my standard in its mouth, I pulled the trigger, brain matter splattering everywhere.

         Rebecca breathed a sigh of relief, I told her to be more careful, and lets move on. We entered the next compartment, I said,” check that passenger room, I’ll check this one”, ok, she replied. “It’s locked” she then said. “Ok, then move towards the end  of this car, I’ll investigate this room and come and get you.” I entered the room, inside the window as busted and a decomposing, infected may be more appropriate, corpse lay on the lower bunk of the bed, I plucked a report off of the desk and began reading it, it seems that a T-virus outbreak was suspected in both the former training facility and the Spencer mansion, as I read this I noticed a figure walk by the crack in the door, “walked not shambled, so that means that wasn’t a zombie?” I thought. I then heard voices not very far away, and Rebecca identified him as Coen, after speaking for a short time, he began to walk down the corridor again, I swung opened the door and back kicked him as soon as he had passed, he hit the wall on the other side of the corridor, just then I heard the glass break, and Rebecca’s scream, “what now?” I thought, I turned to see Coen escaping through the door, and went to aide Rebecca. A dog, no, too ugly to be a dog.

         Cerberus maybe. We shot at it and killed it, “Edward” Rebecca cried. I looked at the dying man that was Edward, “pathetic” I thought, “ he didn’t even last long enough to acquire suitable combat data, such a waste.” “We need to find Coen” I quickly said to Rebecca. She simply nodded her head and went in the direction of the seating compartments. After she had went through the door, I pull my PDA out of my pocket and plugged it into the Cerberus’s right temple, after acquiring its initial combat data, I did the same to Edward, he looked at me puzzled, and I took his ammo clips and slid my knife into his chest, killing him quickly. I left the compartment and made my way to the kitchen and dining areas. There was Rebecca talking to Coen, I pointed my gun at him, as he explained the current situation. After he had finished, I sent Rebecca upstairs to look for more survivors while I investigated the kitchen, I left Coen to stand guard at the bottom of the stairs. Moments later, I heard a scream and rushed upstairs, Coen had already went up stairs.  I rushed after him, when I arrived at the top I saw Marcus? No, it couldn’t have been… he suddenly exploded, bits an pieces of him however, moved violently at Rebecca, shots rang out, but not from my gun, Coen fired them at certain leeches and the whole mob of them fell to the floor, some of them jumped for Coen, but he dove out of the way and killed them. Just then, a frightful melody filled our ears, I looked up at a neighboring mountain and noticed a lone figure, he was practically impossible to identify, just then the train lurched to a start and began moving! “Weskers team no doubt”, I thought… “I should meet them in the conductors compartment”.

         I ordered Rebecca to check the power, and for Billy to investigate the kitchen, I on the other hand, moved in the direction of the control room of the train, when I arrived there, after avoiding some of the useless zombies in the passenger cars, I noticed a card reader. “Shit..” I quietly muttered to myself. Not long afterwards, Billy came down the hall. “Rebecca fell into a hole, she went on the roof and reconnected the power but something knocked her down into the room connecting the dining area and 2f kitchen, I’m looking for something to push the thing clogging the lock out of the hole, so she can get out.” “Try upstairs,” I replied after noticing the key dangling in his hand. He went up stairs, while I continued to pry at the card reading lock. Not more than 10 minutes later, I heard a crash upstairs, I went up just in time to see the final blow administered to a very large specimen of the scorp Bow. Coen looked tired, I could tell from his heavy breathing, he had a hunting rifle clutched in his arm, and in his hand what appeared to be a pick of some sort. I said, “use that” , I pointed at the ice pick, “to unstuck the door that’s keeping Rebecca in that room, use the dumbwaiter to send it to her and meet her on the other side”. I returned to 1st corridor, the one where Edwards corpse (now strangely decomposed) and awaited Coen and Chambers to bring me the key card. 30mins passed before Coen and Chambers came up the corridor with the keycard in hand. During that brief 30 minutes, I heard yelling and screaming over my transceiver, apparently from the clean up team that wesker had sent in, “they must’ve ran into trouble,” I thought. And I became anxious to see what happened, it was then I heard gunfire right outside the locked door. “Shit,” I thought “they must be right outside!”

         After reaching the driving compartment, we realized the train was on a collision course! Rebecca volunteered to go to the back and pull the brake, only moments later Rebecca confirmed the brakes pulling and I helped Coen enter the code and the train lurched of the tracks to a violent halt. Of course it didn’t stop there, it kept on sliding and eventually hit a stopper, which it plowed through before stopping, I was thrown out of the window and landed in the dirt near an exiting door. I awoke a couple of minutes later, noticed Coen and Rebecca unconscious, I slipped to clips of my standards ammo into her pockets, and some shot gun shells into Coens. “Adios” I thought. And moved to the door, opened it, and exited into the sewer, I made my way to the secret compartment hatch that led into the facilities main hall.

Chapter Two
The Umbrella Training Facility

         I had to get out of here, so I made my way into the lower levels, killing zombies at my leisure, the occasional Plague Crawler made things more interesting, as was their wimpy combat data, one thing did stand out though, it was the mimicry leech zombie that I discovered in the bathroom, fire seemed to be its only real weakness, I collected its combat data with interest. Eventually, I heard Dr. Marcus’s voice over the old intercom system, reciting the old pledge and such. Eventually, I found the 3 plates that led out of here, and was in the process of activating the observation towers 2nd function when the door opened behind me, it was Rebecca and Coen. “Interesting, I underestimated this rookie,” I thought to myself. “Hey!” Rebecca said, “how’d you get here?” “I followed the map,” I said holding up a sketched map that I had. I activated the tower and went toward the church, while they went inside and I stayed outside, I stepped off the pressure switch that held the door open and accessed the elevator on the western side of the church, I saw a duct in a room not long after, and pushed myself straight through it to the other side, landing in what appeared to be a tram terminal. I went inside the tram and sat down on a seat, it was then I got contact from wesker “where the hell are you?” he asked, “I’m almost there” I replied. About 40mins passed before the tram started to life, but just as I was about to activate it, its power went down again. “Shit” I said aloud. I went outside to see Rebecca being attacked by a leech monster and yelling. I ran toward the creature attacking it with my knife, after its attention was diverted from Rebecca, I fired Desert Eagle shots in its misshapen face, and then threw a napalm grenade on it, I dived toward Rebecca, pushing her out of the way before the grenade exploded. Afterwards, she went and reactivated the tram and we got on together.

         During the ride she told me about Coens situation. I told her not to worry and that he was probably already dead from that fall. I pressed the other Desert Eagle I had found into her hands, along with one of my clips. She looked at me for a moment, our eyes making contact. She then nodded her thanks and looked down again. The tram stopped and we stepped out. We went toward the main elevator door, since the other direction was blocked. We heard footsteps coming the other way, I raised my Smg at the door, suddenly Enricho appeared, “DROP YOUR WEAPON!” I yelled,” Oh its you.” I said after noticing who he was. After he explained the situation and the mansion plan, he told me to stick with Rebecca and he would move on to the mansion, he said this primarily because he knew Rebecca wanted to find Coen. We went toward the opened shaft tunnel, it was blocked by debris. I pressed the elevator button. “I’ve gotten enough information and combat data from Miss Chambers.” I thought. Just then we heard a rumbling, and noticed a strange figure standing on top of the debris.

         “NO, It cant be!” I cried alarmed. It leapt from the top and came down hard on the concrete, I dove to the left and saw the elevator door open behind me, I back flipped into it, and slammed the door close button, even as Rebecca ran toward the door. I forced it shut, and left her on the surface to deal with that thing. “The Proto Tyrant? But how?” I thought. I reached the control room just in time to meet Wesker and Birken, they were planning to leave and Wesker was on his way out, he motioned for me to come with him. After our brief chat with Birken ended, he (Birken) planed to blow this whole place using the self destruct mechanism in the basement. On our way to the surface, we encountered the Proto Tyrant once more, it had mutated and was severly damaged. Skin decay had left its spinal column exposed on it's backside, we took advantage of this weakness. I aimed my .50 at its heart as Wesker took up a position behind the creature and took aim at it's almost destroyed spine, I aimed and fired simultaneously with Wesker, his bullet shattered the spinal column of the beast and the force of my bullet caused it to fall backward causing it's spine to snap and break in half. Afterwards Wesker told me to go on and go to the Mansion and he would go and get the Alpha team ready for departure as well. However we did not count on Sergei Vladimir to appear before us, sporting his own tyrant bodyguards that were affectionately called Ivan. We barely escaped with our lives.

         We arrived at a secluded hilltop overlooking the mansion. I looked at Wesker as he got on the chopper and then headed back toward the city, I on the other hand descended down the hill toward the old Spencer mansion, not knowing what I had left in store for me. All I had now was my Desert eagle and 2 clips, I had a couple of clips of my standard, I had emptied the Smg into the Proto Tyrant to no avail and left it there as a testament to the awesome power and potential of the T-virus. Nevertheless, things were definitely about to get heated up, my next assignment was not only to reach the tyrants room, but also to eliminate the STARS members. This would certainly be interesting.          
© Copyright 2009 Dan (good_samurai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574143-Resident-Evil-Zero